New Everton Stadium Discussion

I have a business colleague who has lost the front of his shop under LCC compulsory purchase on Derby Road to allow road widening so something is happening along the approach roads.

I have a business colleague who has lost the front of his shop under LCC compulsory purchase on Derby Road to allow road widening so something is happening along the approach roads.
Yes there are road improvements planned in the area and there are details on the LCC website. But it has nothing to do with BMD. .Although it will be useful to have the roads upgraded in case BMD ever happens............

Anyone linked this? Nothing new really but interesting nonetheless.

just had a look at this. The picture of BMD was surprising(at least to me), I presume the building to the right side of the picture is the sewage works and will remain after the ground is built. Doesn't look great imo

Not happening. More balls being kicked into the long grass. If there's one thing you can rely on the donkeys who own this club it's that they are world class at drawing out and then dropping a stadium scheme. Four in the last 23 years.
Dave, take this as you will but the stadium is progressing behind the scenes and it's current trajectory is for completion and it is unlikely to change.

I understand peoples' concerns or whatever but the delays, as I've said previously, are from external parties who are tied into the project. Take it as you will.

just had a look at this. The picture of BMD was surprising(at least to me), I presume the building to the right side of the picture is the sewage works and will remain after the ground is built. Doesn't look great imo

Yeah it's the extension united utilities did in 2012.

Any reason why we couldn't have used Canada dock, or any of the others?

Must be a reason why we wanted the one literally connected to a sewage works.

Yeah it's the extension united utilities did in 2012.

Any reason why we couldn't have used Canada dock, or any of the others?

Must be a reason why we wanted the one literally connected to a sewage works.
I don't know if any other dock was possible, but if the stadium is as important in kick starting development of the far end of the docks it seems we have got a site extremely tight for purpose, with not a brilliant outlook. Hope it is better than that picture shows--an angle of BMD not usually shown

I don't know if any other dock was possible, but if the stadium is as important in kick starting development of the far end of the docks it seems we have got a site extremely tight for purpose, with not a brilliant outlook. Hope it is better than that picture shows--an angle of BMD not usually shown

I think you're right on the kick start of things. Peel most likely wanted us to build it at the very end to speed up the development, as they're slowly building up from the other end.

Only one available, to us, probablg would have put some developments off if there's a football stadium bang in the middle of a stretch of land AND it will be a nice blockade from the sewage plant to the rest.

Dave, take this as you will but the stadium is progressing behind the scenes and it's current trajectory is for completion and it is unlikely to change.

I understand peoples' concerns or whatever but the delays, as I've said previously, are from external parties who are tied into the project. Take it as you will.

Can you elaborate any further mate, as in external parties tied into the project. Would that be parties like LCC for example?

I think you're right on the kick start of things. Peel most likely wanted us to build it at the very end to speed up the development, as they're slowly building up from the other end.

Only one available, to us, probablg would have put some developments off if there's a football stadium bang in the middle of a stretch of land AND it will be a nice blockade from the sewage plant to the rest.

Peel aren’t building anything mate

Chances are they will take rents/leases from most of the developments as well. Not a clue if they will from us mind.

We exchanged contracts for a 200 year lease at peppercorn rent so it'll be very low . The stadium will bring people and infrastructure, which will increase the land value and investments. Win for us and Peel.

Totally makes senses why we could get the opposite end of the development (and next to the sewage works.