Do we need an Everton 'heart' within the side?

Is having a 'traditional' Evertonian (fan / long-server) in the team important?

• Yes it is important

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • Not important at all - just get the best players possible

Votes: 40 46.5%
  • Cheese (was first discovered 8000BC when sheep were first domesticated) on toast

Votes: 18 20.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal and Chelsea, to name just two, often send out teams without British players, never mind supporters.

Leaders and players with passion who 'get' the club can be of any nationality.

I think its a myth that you need a local backbone to the side, but there is some added satisfaction if you can achieve success whilst doing so.

As much as I love Coleman, he’s been miles from his best this season and like every player in the first 11 should have someone to challenge him for his place.

Leaders and players with passion who 'get' the club can be of any nationality.

I think its a myth that you need a local backbone to the side, but there is some added satisfaction if you can achieve success whilst doing so.

It’s more the character of the players we bring in or through the academy. We always seem to buy or being through ‘nice’ players like Kenny Davies etc. The only one who probably bucked the trend was Rooney. Whereas Liverpool brought through two snarling animals in Gerrard and Carragher. We need to get back to the spirit we had in 04:05 where Geavesen Cahill Carsley despite lacking in ability somewhat won us games on pure desire and aggression. No one in the current squad has that.

It’s more the character of the players we bring in or through the academy. We always seem to buy or being through ‘nice’ players like Kenny Davies etc. The only one who probably bucked the trend was Rooney. Whereas Liverpool brought through two snarling animals in Gerrard and Carragher. We need to get back to the spirit we had in 04:05 where Geavesen Cahill Carsley despite lacking in ability somewhat won us games on pure desire and aggression. No one in the current squad has that.
I don’t think Kenny and Davies are just “nice” players, I see Kenny longing to play for Everton and giving 100% every time he plays but doesn’t even get in the squad, then I see players like Walcott who is in the squad every week but doesn’t even look like he wants to be here. Give me local lads like Jonjoe every time over players like Walcott.

Status
Not open for further replies.