2018/19 Sandro Ramirez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is the hardest of the lot to get shut off. Nobody else wants him, having him hanging round Finch Farm where the only subject is his wage and inability to contribute is the only conversation won’t do any favours to foster team spirit. His confidence is shot, he ain’t going to give up what he is contractually due, the lad is now made for life on a financial level.

I suspect with that, the motivation and drive that got him to the position where we naively invested, what look like wasted millions, has long gone. He’s our problem and there is no easy answer here that makes it acceptable to us as fans or the current management team. He’ll come back pre-season and we go from there. I remember Nyarko, as bad as his Everton is rightly remembered, his second and short lived spell showed significant improvement (Spurs away excepted) than his first. It’ll be a bigger redemption than that though to see Sandro contribute in our first team though.

He won’t give up on what he has in his hand each week; that’s not his fault as much as we begrudge it. Perhaps he’ll come back to a Club that’s much more settled than the one he first joined and he shows something I’ve yet to see. If not, it’s a Winston Bogarde job, that will become a reference point for every other club of how not to waste money! I know we want shut, but where? Silva seemed to want to work with him in the summer. Get him back and try again, we are funding him anyway. Pay him off in the January if it’s what it looks like, but got to try at Finch Fram first.

Dylan would make a boring double album. Prince would die too young, just the same. On a flight from Dublin to LA just after 9 11 I was diverted to Minnesota and they didn't recognise Aer Lingus as an airline. Trigger happy military, CIA, FBI, Police took us all of the plane and searched us. Oops..sorry that was Minneapolis St Pauls...I think.
I thought Aer Lingus was a sexual act in an airplane.

Should be put in with the 23s.

Did Niasse no harm at all.

If his attitude is right, he will get some degree of confidence back and then we can judge what to do with him.

That is on assumption that no one is going to break the door down to take him off our hands.-

He is the hardest of the lot to get shut off. Nobody else wants him, having him hanging round Finch Farm where the only subject is his wage and inability to contribute is the only conversation won’t do any favours to foster team spirit. His confidence is shot, he ain’t going to give up what he is contractually due, the lad is now made for life on a financial level.

I suspect with that, the motivation and drive that got him to the position where we naively invested, what look like wasted millions, has long gone. He’s our problem and there is no easy answer here that makes it acceptable to us as fans or the current management team. He’ll come back pre-season and we go from there. I remember Nyarko, as bad as his Everton is rightly remembered, his second and short lived spell showed significant improvement (Spurs away excepted) than his first. It’ll be a bigger redemption than that though to see Sandro contribute in our first team though.

He won’t give up on what he has in his hand each week; that’s not his fault as much as we begrudge it. Perhaps he’ll come back to a Club that’s much more settled than the one he first joined and he shows something I’ve yet to see. If not, it’s a Winston Bogarde job, that will become a reference point for every other club of how not to waste money! I know we want shut, but where? Silva seemed to want to work with him in the summer. Get him back and try again, we are funding him anyway. Pay him off in the January if it’s what it looks like, but got to try at Finch Fram first.

Good post. I agree about Silva.....he's got some sort of tune out of Schneiderlin this season,and seems to have top man management skills,but not soft. If Ramirez has a chance with anyone, it will be with Silva.

I don't begrudge him the money. Who wouldn't take that cash. He has no value to us & his weekly earnings kill off all other teams. In a weird way i kind of want his wages to stick around rather than be paid off.
Every week Moshiri has to pay it. It needs to remain as a reminder to do better. A lesson in how not to operate & not to scout. Something Brands can point to when someone has an 'idea' & he can staple a picture of Sandro's wage bill to thier forehead.
Could work out to be the best money we have spent in ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.