2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get to watch any Russian football,but isn't he playing CM now?.

The 5 or 6 times I've seen him play (obviously not that much but enough to get an idea) he's been in a similar role to Gylfi in my opinion, further forward than CM but he gets about the pitch a lot.

What exactly have they ever done to get this?

Walcott was poor last season yeah. We just need better than all 3.
To get what? A chance to win a place in the team? I hope everyone who is on Everton paper (from the academy to the senior squad) is all fighting for a place in the team. Vlasic and Lookman were brought in on pure potential - they need to get a full run at it. Vlasic had a rough first season, got shipped to Siberia and played well by all accounts. Lookman had his head turned at Leipzig and couldn't force his way in this season. If they can't earn a spot, then sell. It's really not that hard.

To get what? A chance to win a place in the team? I hope everyone who is on Everton paper (from the academy to the senior squad) is all fighting for a place in the team. Vlasic and Lookman were brought in on pure potential - they need to get a full run at it. Vlasic had a rough first season, got shipped to Siberia and played well by all accounts. Lookman had his head turned at Leipzig and couldn't force his way in this season. If they can't earn a spot, then sell. It's really not that hard.

Yep. They’ve shown nothing to get into our team. Not one thing.

We need better.

The 5 or 6 times I've seen him play (obviously not that much but enough to get an idea) he's been in a similar role to Gylfi in my opinion, further forward than CM but he gets about the pitch a lot.
Same thing I've seen.

Wasn’t there an article about him not really doing anything for the second half of the season?
I swear I read it. And I’m not being funny.

At the end of the day if he’s deemed good enough he’ll play. But if someone like Walcott who was 95% utter dogs last season is getting in before him then maybe he just isn’t good enough.

Well well well

Nikola Vlasic has been warned he must do better at CSKA Moscow after a period of indifferent form.

With Vlasic, he was supposed to be one of the main players and be a significant factor in the team.

"Has he been? People will say he's scored against Real Madrid but I think probably you'd expect better from him. They had a couple of really good results against Madrid but then they play Roma and he goes missing. It's really disappointing.

"He's quite enjoyed going in there and being a big fish in a small pond after getting swallowed up at Everton and he's done alright. That's the best way to term it.

He's scored a few goals but not stood out as he probably hoped he would in that league which is obviously lesser than the Premier League."

Oh here it is.

I mean I know you watch the Russian top flight probably more than most actual Russians @Nymzee so I’d probably take your word for him over most.

But as I say, if he’s decent he’ll play for us.

If he’s not may as well get rid of his stock is so apparently high.

It's refreshing that we can actually send a player out on loan who can go onto develop, have a great season, increase his stock and we can get a transfer free that exceeds what we ever invisaged.

Unlike Mirallas, Niasse, et all.

The lad clearly doesn't want to come back, get rid and move on.

Let me get this right...the lad we bought from a team we played against in the Europa League and didn't realise was playing ends up not being the Croatian Messi we thought he'd be?

Wasn’t there an article about him not really doing anything for the second half of the season?
I swear I read it. And I’m not being funny.

At the end of the day if he’s deemed good enough he’ll play. But if someone like Walcott who was 95% utter dogs last season is getting in before him then maybe he just isn’t good enough.

It was an article written by a guy that watches Russian football on TV.

Basically written by anyone like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.