Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely no chance in this world he will make that kind of money.
Yeah, 40M seems unlikely. He's good, but I'm not sure he's THAT could. If we got anything north of 30M, we should be thrilled. We've got plenty of players that play his position.

If Henry is worth 40m then shouldnt be selling
He's never going to worth that for us, though. He's behind Richy, Bernard, and might be behind Lookman at left wing. It's a great move for us - sell from a position of strength, use the funds to help pay for solutions to positions we are more deficient in.

I still have doubts about Onyenkuru. He's got pace, he's got some skill, he's intelligent, but there's just something about his work rate and/or his inclination to run away from the ball into space that I'm not sure would work that well in the PL or in our tactics.

He's never going to worth that for us, though. He's behind Richy, Bernard, and might be behind Lookman at left wing. It's a great move for us - sell from a position of strength, use the funds to help pay for solutions to positions we are more deficient in.

I still have doubts about Onyenkuru. He's got pace, he's got some skill, he's intelligent, but there's just something about his work rate and/or his inclination to run away from the ball into space that I'm not sure would work that well in the PL or in our tactics.

how can you say he's behind such and such when he's never even been in the squad for work permit reasons

Thought that guy Delaney for Dortmund looked like a good potential Gana replacement or cover but know nothing about him other than the games shown on the TV in the gym.

I'd rather take the chance on him being good and lose money if he isnt than sell him for a ton and have him be dominant somewhere else. These young signings we have made need to become first teamers at some point.

Thought that guy Delaney for Dortmund looked like a good potential Gana replacement or cover but know nothing about him other than the games shown on the TV in the gym.
Would have been a good signing three summers or so ago (I think we may even have had interest at that time), but that ship has probably sailed with him at Dortmund where he played 38 games this season.

I'd rather take the chance on him being good and lose money if he isnt than sell him for a ton and have him be dominant somewhere else. These young signings we have made need to become first teamers at some point.
But at what position? Fine, he comes here, does well, makes the squad. We have to sell someone anyways. So do we sell Bernard? Richarlison? Lookman? Someone has to go. In the off chance that he develops and become better than any of those guys, yes, we will have missed an opportunity.

But if he goes and we get 40M for him (unlikely), do you REALLY think Brands isn't going to go out and buy a couple young players that he personally likes better?

Even if it's 25M, Brands can do a lot with that kind of money.

Would have been a good signing three summers or so ago (I think we may even have had interest at that time), but that ship has probably sailed with him at Dortmund where he played 38 games this season.
He'll be 28 in September. He's a good player, tough, kicks the heck out of players at times, can pick out a pass at times, but he's not as good as Gana. He's nowhere NEAR as athletic as Gana and I don't think he's a great fit for the PL.

But at what position? Fine, he comes here, does well, makes the squad. We have to sell someone anyways. So do we sell Bernard? Richarlison? Lookman? Someone has to go. In the off chance that he develops and become better than any of those guys, yes, we will have missed an opportunity.

But if he goes and we get 40M for him (unlikely), do you REALLY think Brands isn't going to go out and buy a couple young players that he personally likes better?

Even if it's 25M, Brands can do a lot with that kind of money.
He didn't play Lookman all year, Richarlison has shown he can play effectively on the right and Bernard scored 1 goal. It isnt that hard to imagine him breaking into the team.

If Onyekuru was a new signing and not a returning loan people would be gutted to lose out on him is my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.