The Coaches Voice - David Moyes (Everton Evolution)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like or dislike Moyes, an interesting watch. Stumbled across this and thought id share with my fellow blues.
Begins regarding the season we finished fourth.

Watched this earlier. He built an excellent team with the resources he had here, definitely a case of what might have been if we'd backed him with more funds.

It's a shame from his perspective he hasn't been able to keep up with the times and adapt his management style. From being considered good enough for the United job to being on the scrap heap, quite the turn around.

Hindsight is a brilliant thing and there's no way you turn down Old Trafford but you can see the difficulty of that job in everyone who has taken it since Ferguson retired. With the cash injection we had on the way he would have been better off sticking around here.

Watched this earlier. He built an excellent team with the resources he had here, definitely a case of what might have been if we'd backed him with more funds.

It's a shame from his perspective he hasn't been able to keep up with the times and adapt his management style. From being considered good enough for the United job to being on the scrap heap, quite the turn around.

Hindsight is a brilliant thing and there's no way you turn down Old Trafford but you can see the difficulty of that job in everyone who has taken it since Ferguson retired. With the cash injection we had on the way he would have been better off sticking around here.
I still think we should have parted company a few years prior. His reign towards the end was a bit stale. He would have been invigorated and potentially us too. Unfortunately for both him and us, we weren't able to back him enough to have a chance to progress to the next level, and then his window passed.

Been a bit of a slide from grace for him since leaving us. It seems like he has been out of the scene for ages now. I hope that he is stress free and content after a long time in what is a very demanding job.

Nothing but admiration for the job Moyes did got a bit stale and it’s a shame he didn’t get to stick around when the tv money spiked. But I wouldn’t exactly call him a technical coach the tactics are relatively straight forward. It was his ability to organise a defence, spot diamonds in the rough and get his sides to work there bollocks off that saw him successful

Finish 4th 5th and 6th many times. With no money.

Over to you Silva.

He had as much money as anyone outside of the usual teams (Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool). I am grateful for steadying the ship and he picked up a few gems along the way but apart from the big clubs nicking some of our players I didn't think he wheeled and dealed enough. Thought he was content with his placing and wouldn't use some of the average players as bait for slightly better ones. Moyes would eventually do well for someone if he got 5-10 years to build but wouldn't win anything as his mentality would get in the way.

He had as much money as anyone outside of the usual teams (Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool). I am grateful for steadying the ship and he picked up a few gems along the way but apart from the big clubs nicking some of our players I didn't think he wheeled and dealed enough. Thought he was content with his placing and wouldn't use some of the average players as bait for slightly better ones. Moyes would eventually do well for someone if he got 5-10 years to build but wouldn't win anything as his mentality would get in the way.
That part isn't true and doesn't give him as much credit as he deserves
Got this info from a telegraph story
Net SpendWagesPosition
12th10th17th
20th11th4th
3rd8th11th
14th9th6th
10th11th5th
9th12th5th
14th10th8th
16th9th7th

Besides 2 seasons he did much better than his wage or net spend relative to teams outside the money clubs. This is 2003/4 to 2010/11 as that's all the data the story had.

That part isn't true and doesn't give him as much credit as he deserves
Got this info from a telegraph story
Net SpendWagesPosition
12th10th17th
20th11th4th
3rd8th11th
14th9th6th
10th11th5th
9th12th5th
14th10th8th
16th9th7th

Besides 2 seasons he did much better than his wage or net spend relative to teams outside the money clubs. This is 2003/4 to 2010/11 as that's all the data the story had.
The net spend doesn't mean that is all the money he had. He also had assets on the pitch and one of my points was he was content rather than joining the world of wheeling and dealing. Rather than sell an average player to get a better player he was content and not a go getter. He did buy some broken players like Arteta and Peinaar and fixed them and made them our better players and yes he did have an eye for grafters. Don't forget the time he had to build in a no pressure situation. My gripe with him is that he didn't have the balls didn't like the risk. I am grateful to him on one hand but livid with him on the other hand. Stayed too long for me. It is just me I suppose....he got on my nerves in the end.

I say it every time but that final season he had with us was super promising. We were a striker away from cementing ourselves as a top 4 team. We had the two best fullbacks in the world and no team could cope with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.