Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I took an overdose last night. i ate my old Venlafaxine pills and had to go to hospital. I rang an ambulance because I did it on the spur of the moment and thought, "My G-d, what have I done?" It was partly work - we're understaffed and I'm having trouble adjusting - and partly getting into an argument with one of the blokes from Space. He said some pretty hurtful things to me, just because I said it was embarrassing he was going round trolling people under a fake name. He took it really badly and kept going on at me even when I apologised. I had enough and just snapped. Took me 12 hours to get seen, Monday is always busy at the MRI. Not as many drunken City fans as I expected though.

I'm OK now, I just feel tired and sick and hollow.

I’m glad you’re ok.

And I’m glad you’re ok about being ok, if that makes sense.

I’m afraid when people are goaded they can become emotional and say things that are hurtful. Best to walk away from irritants. I’ve learnt that not every action actually needs a reaction. Newton got that one wrong!!

I'm 2 weeks into changing from citalopram to prozac and am now on the 20 mg dose.

I just don't feel right. I know it might take a few weeks to kick in but I felt much better on the citalopram, I swapped due to the terrible nightmares I was getting. I'm starting to think I'd be better off back on them.. Or is it too early for the prozac to have kicked in??

I took an overdose last night. i ate my old Venlafaxine pills and had to go to hospital. I rang an ambulance because I did it on the spur of the moment and thought, "My G-d, what have I done?" It was partly work - we're understaffed and I'm having trouble adjusting - and partly getting into an argument with one of the blokes from Space. He said some pretty hurtful things to me, just because I said it was embarrassing he was going round trolling people under a fake name. He took it really badly and kept going on at me even when I apologised. I had enough and just snapped. Took me 12 hours to get seen, Monday is always busy at the MRI. Not as many drunken City fans as I expected though.

Not the first time you’ve mentioned the Space thing. No matter how much you may love their music, I strongly suggest you block/unfollow the biff or just bin Twitter altogether.

I'm 2 weeks into changing from citalopram to prozac and am now on the 20 mg dose.

I just don't feel right. I know it might take a few weeks to kick in but I felt much better on the citalopram, I swapped due to the terrible nightmares I was getting. I'm starting to think I'd be better off back on them.. Or is it too early for the prozac to have kicked in??

Too early Frank, you need to give it at least another two weeks.

It’s the chemicals in your brain rebalancing or trying to.

Plus all of them have seem to have at least one side effect - mad dreams, lack of energy, weight gain, lack of / increased appetite, insomnia etc

That’s why getting the one that’s right for you can be quite hit and miss.

Also, taking them at the same time every day is massively important, as that maintains the correct balance of the anti depressant in your body, so that it’s working at its optimum efficiency.

Too early Frank, you need to give it at least another two weeks.

It’s the chemicals in your brain rebalancing or trying to.
Cheers for the advice.

Had a terrible day today, didn't even make my course. I have phoned in etc, will defo be in tomorrow, no way I'm mucking this up.

Hopefully il start feeling the full effect soon then

Plus all of them have seem to have at least one side effect - mad dreams, lack of energy, weight gain, lack of / increased appetite, insomnia etc

That’s why getting the one that’s right for you can be quite hit and miss.

Also, taking them at the same time every day is massively important, as that maintains the correct balance of the anti depressant in your body, so that it’s working at its optimum efficiency.
I've been taking them at same time.

Not the first time you’ve mentioned the Space thing. No matter how much you may love their music, I strongly suggest you block/unfollow the biff or just bin Twitter altogether.
Done and done. I love their music but he can go to hell for all I care. You do not say that to someone you know full well is vulnerable.

Done and done. I love their music but he can go to hell for all I care. You do not say that to someone you know full well is vulnerable.

Good on you. When I binned FB and Twitter I made sure I opened my Kindle app whenever I otherwise would have opened one of those. I’m making good headway through the Stephen King back catalogue and I’m nowhere near as angry!

Really struggled today, had to do two days course work in a day, felt like utter crap allday and just want to sleep now.
Eerrrgh

Oh mate. That's awful. Glad you are OK now, Don't let those divvies in that band get to you. If they are as horrible as you say they are they don't deserve you as a friend. Hugs x