Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure how good Meunier is, only seen him a few times for Belgium & PSG. And is he 28? So may go against what brands wants to do especially if it’s a big fee & wages

But I agree about Coleman and I’ve said it for a few years that his passing & final ball is very average, he lacks composure in and around the box, most of the time.

Seen another link to a right back today, plays for Benfica, who apparently we have watched quite a bit recently Almeida(something like that) he will be 29 next season but will be cheaper and on less wages than Meunier. I suppose we may have to buy cheaply in one or two positions.

He's out of contract, but the wages will be high - only to be expected of an experienced international coming from a Tier 1 side

U20 World Cup Players to Watch:

Portugal

PlayerPositionClub
Joao VirginiaGKEverton
Diogo LieteCBPorto
Florentino LuisCDMBenfica
Gedson FernandesCMBenfica
Rafael LeaoSTLille

France

PlayerPositionClub
Boubacar KamaraCBLyon
Obite N’dickaCBFrankfurt
Boubakary SoumareCMLille

USA

PlayerPositionClub
Sergino DestRBAjax
Mark McKenzieCBPhiladelphia Union
Chris DurkinCDMDC United
Paxton PomykalCMDallas FC
Richard LedezmaCMPSV
Ayomide AkinolaSTToronto FC
Timothy WeahSTPSG
Konrad de la FuenteLW/RWBarcelona
Either seen them, heard about them, read about them or a combination. Some could turn out to be dreadful. Not sure if this tournament is being televised but it was last time. Maybe YouTube? UEFA have started putting all their youth tournaments live on there.

U20 World Cup
(23rd May - 15th June)

GROUP A

Poland: David Kopacz (CDM)
Colombia: Carlos Cuesta (CB), Andres Balanta (CDM), Jaime Alvarado (CM), Luis Sandoval (ST), Cucho Hernandez (ST), Luis Sinisterra (LM), Deiber Caicedo (RM), Andres Amaya (RM)
Tahiti:
Senegal:
Ibrahima Niane (ST), Amadou Ndiaye (ST)

GROUP B

Mexico: Diego Lainez (CAM), Roberto de la Rosa (ST)
Italy: Alessandro Plizzari (GK), Davide Bettella (CB), Davide Frattesi (CM), Andrea Pinamonti (ST), Gianluca Scamacca (ST), Gabriele Gori (ST), Luca Pellegrini (LB)
Japan: Keito Nakamura (RM)
Ecuador: Leonardo Campana (ST), Stiven Plaza (ST)

GROUP C

Honduras:
New Zealand:
Sarpreet Singh (CAM), Liberato Cacace (LB)
Uruguay: Nicolas Schiappacasse (LW), Edgar Elizalde (LB), Emiliano Gomez (ST)
Norway: John Kitolano (LB), Leo Ostigard (CB), Hugo Vetlesen (CM), Emil Bohinen (CM), Tobias Borkeeiet (CM), Erling Haland (ST)

GROUP D

Qatar:
Nigeria:
Tom Dele-Bashiru (CM), Nathan Ofoborth (CM), Kingsley Michael (CM)
Ukraine: Andriy Lunin (GK), Vitalii Mykolenko (LB), Vladyslav Supriaha (ST), Danylo Sikan (ST)
USA: Sergino Dest (RB), Mark McKenzie (CB), Chris Durkin (CDM), Ayo Akinola (ST), Alex Mendez (CM), Paxton Pomykal (CAM), Tim Weah (ST), Konrad de la Fuente (RM), Ulysses Llanez (RM), Richard Ledezma (CM), Seb Soto (ST)

GROUP E

Panama:
Mali:
Ousmane Diakite (CDM), Mo Camara (CM), Lassana N'Diaye (ST), Sekou Koita (ST)
France: Entire Team. Isn't even funny how good they are.
Saudi Arabia:

GROUP F

Portugal: Diogo Costa (GK), Diogo Dalot (RB), Diogo Queiros (CB), Diogo Leite (CB), Florentino Luis (CDM), Gedson (CM), Jota (RM), Joao Virginia (GK), Rafael Leao (ST), Thierry Correia (RB), Trincao (LM)
South Korea: Kim Jung-min (CM), Lee Kang-in (RM)
Argentina: Nehuen Perez (CB), Francisco Ortega (LB), Santiago Sosa (CDM), Julian Alvarez (ST), Agustin Almendra (CM), Adolfo Gaich (ST), Gonzalo Maroni (CAM), Cristian Ferreira (CM), Pedro De la Vega (LW), Ezequiel Barco (CAM)
South Africa: Lyle Foster (ST)
.....I understand Everton’s Korede Adedoyin is yet to extend his current contract, he’s in the Nigeria squad and is also worth keeping an eye on. There’ll be plenty of fine young players on show.
Santiago Sosa will be playing for Argentina, in the same group as our Joao's Portugal too
He thinks he's world class is the problem. He wants crazy wages by all accounts and probably sees himself as above us. Class on the ball, not too bad off of the ball when he feels like it.

He's out of contract, but the wages will be high - only to be expected of an experienced international coming from a Tier 1 side
Are you sure? I’ve read reports about our link and Utd, but I’ve never seen anything mentioned about him being a free transfer

Wow couldve sworn I saw him to be younger than that
He just turned 20 in May.

Sosa was in the best XI in COMMEMBOL U20 qualifying. He hasn't played much for River, but they'd got a ton of central midfielders - he's behind Bruno Zuculini, Leonardo Ponzio, who is 37, Enzo Perez, also 33, Ignacio Fernandez, and Exequiel Palacios is also in that mix. So I guess that's a pretty good reason.

But it does seem as though he's a defensive or central midfield, which we are in bad need of. It seems like a big fee for the kid, but if he blows up at the U20 world Cup, his fee could skyrocket. If Brands likes him that much, the right time to sign him is now.

Christian Ferreira is the latest River wonderkid, but he's more of an attacking player - CAM that was previously a CF. Doesn't sounds like he and Sosa play the same position, that isn't the issue.

He just turned 20 in May.

Sosa was in the best XI in COMMEMBOL U20 qualifying. He hasn't played much for River, but they'd got a ton of central midfielders - he's behind Bruno Zuculini, Leonardo Ponzio, who is 37, Enzo Perez, also 33, Ignacio Fernandez, and Exequiel Palacios is also in that mix. So I guess that's a pretty good reason.

But it does seem as though he's a defensive or central midfield, which we are in bad need of. It seems like a big fee for the kid, but if he blows up at the U20 world Cup, his fee could skyrocket. If Brands likes him that much, the right time to sign him is now.

Christian Ferreira is the latest River wonderkid, but he's more of an attacking player - CAM that was previously a CF. Doesn't sounds like he and Sosa play the same position, that isn't the issue.

...not sure if his fee can ‘blow up’ as I understand he has a release clause, but I suppose the no of interested clubs could increase so it could be prudent to get in first.

...not sure if his fee can ‘blow up’ as I understand he has a release clause, but I suppose the no of interested clubs could increase so it could be prudent to get in first.
That's a good point, Eggs, I didn't think of that. The fee is what it is, but others may get interested. If he shows THAT well, that release clause is within reach of many teams.

Much rather see Meunier wages spent on a winger or striker. See if JJK can take the job off Coleman.
JJK isn't good enough, but Coleman might not be, either.

Regardless, my only concern is also yours - we may have a net spend of 75M and commensurate wages to spend. If so, I want it spent on CF and CM. RB is important, but Coleman probably has another good year left in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.