Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure that's true. At least as far as Arsenal goes. A lesser club would have signed him by now but he's honestly a pretty poor player considering he's spent his career at Arsenal and United. I was surprised that he ended up at Arsenal initially.

...well he’s been good enough to play in 42 full internationals for England and score 16 goals, which suggests to me that he’s certainly decent. He’s still under contract at Arsenal and might well play a part in the EL final, after which I doubt he’ll struggle to find a club. Indeed, I imagine his Bosman contract is already well negotiated.

His injury record, though, will be enough to put many clubs off investing. There’s absolutely no doubt many would want him if it wasn’t for that.

Wide options: Marco has hinted that he wants a left-footed option. I think Ajax will want too much for Neres now.

Ideally Malcom on loan for me.

Left options: Bernard, Lookman, Onyekuru
Right options: Richarlison, Malcom.

Pretty sure all of the above could play left and right, and Richarlison and Onyekuru can also play upfront.

Means we should be selling Mirallas, Bolasie, Walcott, Sandro for about £20-25m and be much stronger!!!
Mate .. unless we manage to sell Walcott for 25m , there is no way we are getting that much money for that lot as the others are worth zero

Mate .. unless we manage to sell Walcott for 25m , there is no way we are getting that much money for that lot as the others are worth zero

It is a bit mad, but given the way football is now, I would not be surprised if promoted teams or teams in the bottom 6 paid £12m for Bolasie and £13m for Walcott, we wont get anything for Sandro or Mirallas though. The only interest in them would be Belgium for Mirallas, and their sides have no cash and bottom 10 teams in La liga for Sandro, and those teams also have no cash.

...well he’s been good enough to play in 42 full internationals for England and score 16 goals, which suggests to me that he’s certainly decent. He’s still under contract at Arsenal and might well play a part in the EL final, after which I doubt he’ll struggle to find a club. Indeed, I imagine his Bosman contract is already well negotiated.

His injury record, though, will be enough to put many clubs off investing. There’s absolutely no doubt many would want him if it wasn’t for that.
Cleverley has something like 20 caps. Welbeck has been rated because of who he's played for not how he's played in my opinion.

Cleverley has something like 20 caps. Welbeck has been rated because of who he's played for not how he's played in my opinion.

....all i’m saying is, regardless of your opinion (which differs from mine), a fully fit Welbeck available on a Bosman would be a very attractive proposition to a myriad of very decent clubs at home and abroad. His injury record, however, will put many off but I still imagine he’ll be coveted by top flight teams.

Ultimately, it’s unlikely we will be one of them which makes his mention in this thread a little pointless.

Isn’t it strange that we are after a left footer to play on the right wing and all of our left wingers are right footed. I get the cutting in from the wing argument but also don’t remember Sheedy and Steven having any issues. Is there a successful team who still play with traditional wingers?

As he has 25m euro release clause I can see a champions league side going for him, like Bayern,Inter Milan or Athletico Madrid. I think Ajax have already said he is going, so its just a matter of where. I think Arsenal have been linked with him as well.
I'm holding out hope that his wildman style turns them off. But I highly doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.