• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Penny Blue's May Target List:

I rank the players based off value, form, future outlook, and how well I believe they’d fit into the team. 1 player at each position listed is needed in order to break through into European competition, over the next 2-3 windows.

List will be left as a spoiler to prevent wasting time of those who don’t care for it. That being said don’t read it and moan about too much FIFA. It’s purely a thought provoking post to build conversation on.

(Disclaimer: Values are taken from Transfermarkt. High probability of them being wrong.)

CB:
  1. Ibrahima Konate - Leipzig - £27m
  2. Willi Orban - Leipzig - £13.5m
RB:
  1. Joakim Maehle - Genk - £8m
  2. Sergino Dest - Ajax U21 - £1m
  3. Youcef Atal - Nice - £8m
CM:
  1. Dominik Szoboszlai - RB Salzburg - £10m
  2. Diadie Samassekou - RB Salzburg - £18m
  3. Donny Van de Beek - Ajax - £25m
  4. Mason Mount - Derby - £9m
  5. Hamed Junior Traore - Empoli - £7m
CDM:
  1. Sander Berge - Genk - £15.5m
  2. Boubakary Soumare - Lille - £10m
  3. Youri Tielemans - Monaco - £22m
  4. Amadou Diawara - Napoli - £16m
ST:
  1. Pedro - Fluminense - £19m
  2. Timothy Weah - PSG - £5m
  3. Ante Rebic - Frankfurt - £35m
RW:
  1. Robert Skov - Copenhagen - £20m
  2. Hachim Ziyech - Ajax - £40m
  3. Milot Rashica - Werder Bremen - £7m
Don’t think we have a hope in hell with Konate, Arsenal and United should be all over him. I’d love us to go in for Rashica tho think he’d be ideal.

Strange how Brands seems so against signing players from Holland when he's seen first hand the quality of some of them.

Lozano
Neres
Ziyech

3 players who would be ace here yet we don't seem one bit interested.

Tadic is tearing the Dutch league to bits and is pure pony. It’s about competitive as Sunday league

Its a poor league I agree however those three have looked fantastic against top european competition in the CL.

Klaassan on the otherhand was absolutely garbage against Utd in the EL final and was out of his depth in midfield that game which was a concern.

Don’t think we have a hope in hell with Konate, Arsenal and United should be all over him. I’d love us to go in for Rashica tho think he’d be ideal.
Yeah I guess you’re right about konate and upamecano as he’d be in the same price boat.

The whole motive for making the list is to point out that we could raid young fringe players/starters from teams like Leipzig, Benfica, PSG, Napoli, Monaco, and Frankfurt

Then raid the best young starters from teams like Werder, Salzburg, Genk, Copenhagen, Empoli, Nice, and Lille

I give it 2 more years of raiding from other clubs and then our academy will be pumping out aces.

Then we will be making the odd 1-2 signings a year to replace/improve and consistently contending in Europe.

I have no shame in saying we should look at spurs and copy what they did with their club as a whole with their signings/academy/stadium.

There's just no way the reported fee of 40 mil for Traore is remotely accurate but I would gladly sign him for a reasonable fee. Has pace and skill and he is suited for the prem imo. I know none of the twitter scouts want him but hes definitely talented. I would rather we sign Cornet though

Yeah I guess you’re right about konate and upamecano as he’d be in the same price boat.

The whole motive for making the list is to point out that we could raid young fringe players/starters from teams like Leipzig, Benfica, PSG, Napoli, Monaco, and Frankfurt

Then raid the best young starters from teams like Werder, Salzburg, Genk, Copenhagen, Empoli, Nice, and Lille

I give it 2 more years of raiding from other clubs and then our academy will be pumping out aces.

Then we will be making the odd 1-2 signings a year to replace/improve and consistently contending in Europe.

I have no shame in saying we should look at spurs and copy what they did with their club as a whole with their signings/academy/stadium.
Have you Consulted with marcel on your plans

Status
Not open for further replies.