2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picture 'him' as an angry Natalie portman.

C256B6C8-35B4-4ABC-9317-1BE47FCE3436.jpeg

This is how I picture him

How does one play for the stats, exactly? What does that mean?

So when he's on the pitch, he doesn't play a pass if it's not a "key pass"? Does he just shoot a lot, is he playing for "shots on target"? What stats is he playing for, exactly? I'm just dying to understand this, please elaborate.
You’ve got it. He isn’t a complete player - for the midfield - he’s very good at a few things. So he concentrates on those.

You’ve got it. He isn’t a complete player - for the midfield - he’s very good at a few things. So he concentrates on those.
That makes absolutely no sense, I was being completely facetious. He concentrates on what exactly? And what stats? I am dying to know - what stats does he concentrated on and what does he NOT do that he's supposed to?

Without the ball, he runs more than anyone. He contributes defensively, gets interceptions, pressures, etc.

He currently operates as an attacking midfielder. So when we've got the ball, he tries to create and score goals, he moves the ball quickly, you know, TO ATTACK.

That makes absolutely no sense, I was being completely facetious. He concentrates on what exactly? And what stats? I am dying to know - what stats does he concentrated on and what does he NOT do that he's supposed to?

Without the ball, he runs more than anyone. He contributes defensively, gets interceptions, pressures, etc.

He currently operates as an attacking midfielder. So when we've got the ball, he tries to create and score goals, he moves the ball quickly, you know, TO ATTACK.
Alright mate. You know best.

I'm not sure you watch him either Zat. Certainly not without your Sig hating spectacles on.

Yes he doesn't play as a deep lying midfielder or within the congestion. He also doesn't play as a striker. So you using the "he's a support striker" is seemingly so that he can't be used as a comparator with other midfielders, because he compares so well against them. The truth is though that when we have possession he is the final player in our build up *before* the striker. So he's not getting on the end of things and he's not the final threat. This is proven from the chances he's created for DCL and Walcott, amongst others, all season.

It's unimportant though because even when comparing him to strikers like Firmino and, a little wider, Son, Sig's goal involvement is favourable.

Son - 12 goals, 6 assists
Firmino - 12 goals, 6 assists.

The 75m man Lukaku has 12 goals, 0 assists.

So regardless of ability, Sig has had a fantastic season despite your best efforts to mask your opinion behind barricades of "you can't compare him against this player or that'.

I fully expect your usual "I don't know what you're trying to say / why you're saying it" but that's par for the course with you at times.

He's not Messi like this Ricky fella is making out but he's far better and far more important than you try your best to suggest.

It can’t believepeople are arguing over if he’s a midfielder or not and you are spot on thinking he is a midfeilder imo . When we don’t have possession he is right there with Gomes , Morgan or whoever . He is part of the bank of 5 in front of the defence , he has made countless tackles on the end he of our own box and has covered more ground this season that anyone in our team and for two seasons on a row ( last year and the year before ) he covered more ground than anyone else in the entire league. Strikers don’t do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.