2018/19 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please shut up. The player who creates half of our goals isn't struggling to be among our top 5 players. He's outright our best player & you haven't substantiated any of your claims.

Gueye winning it joint with Digne really proves how absolutely worthless the award is. Shame on you or anyone who believes a popularity contest accurately defines who the best player of the season was.

Lol

Pretty sure Digne has the highest rating on that as well. Everyone who has watched the team consistently for the most part agrees that Digne is the best player.

Whoscored doesn't account for hockey assists & actually has Pogba in their team of the season when he has taken 10 penalties.

Nobody I've talked to that actually knows what they're talking about would even consider him for POTY. It's always Sigurdsson, who else really?

How can you overlook someone who created 50% of the teams goals? You cant. That's why absolutely nobody on this thread has the cojones to substantiate their claims.

Whoscored doesn't account for hockey assists & actually has Pogba in their team of the season when he has taken 10 penalties.

Nobody I've talked to that actually knows what they're talking about would even consider him for POTY. It's always Sigurdsson, who else really?

How can you overlook someone who created 50% of the teams goals? You cant. That's why absolutely nobody on this thread has the cojones to substantiate their claims.

I've no idea what a hockey assist is. This is a football forum.

At the end of the day, it’s your opinion man. Good for you. You seriously have some complex issues if you are that concerned what everyone believes about player of the year.

As for the Siggy vs Digne debate- Sigurdsson was given a free role where he was given little to no responsibility defensively. Digne just happens to be one of our best players on both sides of the ball. Add to the fact that he is a big part of the build up and Sigurdsson is usually not, and it isn’t a contest (at least for me). Lucas does it all whereas Sigurdsson excelled at what he does.

I've no idea what a hockey assist is. This is a football forum.

Hockey assist/Third pass leading to a goal.

These are all instances of a 'hockey assist'

According to transfermarkt/bundesliga rules Sigurdsson technically hockey assisted himself by setting up his own penalty against United.

Then there are instances of Sigurdsson basically doing everything right but his team mates let him down.

And while it doesn't necessarily count as a hockey assist Sigurdsson literally creates this goal by pressing the opponent.

At the end of the day, it’s your opinion man. Good for you. You seriously have some complex issues if you are that concerned what everyone believes about player of the year.

As for the Siggy vs Digne debate- Sigurdsson was given a free role where he was given little to no responsibility defensively. Digne just happens to be one of our best players on both sides of the ball. Add to the fact that he is a big part of the build up and Sigurdsson is usually not, and it isn’t a contest (at least for me). Lucas does it all whereas Sigurdsson excelled at what he does.

Good point, except for the fact that Sigurdsson has similar stats defensively & actually outperforms Digne in some metrics.

Ball recoveries? Gylfi 160 vs Digne 181

Tackles won? Gylfi 34 vs Digne 47

Blocked shots? Gylfi 32 vs Digne 13

Possession lost? Gylfi 547 vs Digne 726

The irony is surreal. This is exactly what I meant about 'using your own logic against you'

Please shut up. The player who creates half of our goals isn't struggling to be among our top 5 players. He's outright our best player & you haven't substantiated any of your claims.

Gueye winning it joint with Digne really proves how absolutely worthless the award is. Shame on you or anyone who believes a popularity contest accurately defines who the best player of the season was.

You need to stop this right now.

And while it doesn't necessarily count as a hockey assist Sigurdsson literally creates this goal by pressing the opponent.

Good point, except for the fact that Sigurdsson has similar stats defensively & actually outperforms Digne in some metrics.

Ball recoveries? Gylfi 160 vs Digne 181

Tackles won? Gylfi 34 vs Digne 47

Blocked shots? Gylfi 32 vs Digne 13

Possession lost? Gylfi 547 vs Digne 726

The irony is surreal. This is exactly what I meant about 'using your own logic against you'

You are bizarre. You realize that Sigurdsson has a free role where he is allowed to press and steal the ball where Digne has the responsibility to actually defend the goal? You have every right to make the argument about the hockey assist and whatever argument you want to make. Don’t abuse stats to make a terrible argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.