2018/19 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really don't see how anyone who's been as injured as much as he has can be called a flop. When he has played he's played well more often than badly.

De Bruyne has flopped this season by the same logic.
He was bought in as an injured player though, and i don't think he has played well tbh, more like ok(ish) I don't think it was the best signing though, clearly injury prone.

He was bought in as an injured player though, and i don't think he has played well tbh, more like ok(ish) I don't think it was the best signing though, clearly injury prone.

I'm reserving judgement until he gets a proper run in the side next season. He was excellent in both of the games against Chelsea. There is a definitely a player there.

he has played well in games though, very well in the 2x games vs Chelsea, very well in the derby... these games after long lay offs as well. be good to see him fully fit after a run of games

he has played well in games though, very well in the 2x games vs Chelsea, very well in the derby... these games after long lay offs as well. be good to see him fully fit after a run of games
For me he has played ok, i only thought he played ok in the World Cup, i would much rather have Zouma and Keane if we can or better still bring someone else in.

I have high hopes for him, has his flaws sure but what player doesnt? He looked great in the big games he played in, other than City away and Newcastle (where he was thrown on and had no idea where he was meant to be playing) I don't really recall any stand out poor performances.

Get a solid pre-season in and see how he is. People forget how Baines couldn't get in our side for a full year after being signed. Arteta didn't take off immediately either. Funes Mori conversely looked great for a little while before showing what an unreliable loon he was.

Give players time.

I haven't been that impressed with him tbh but as others have said until he has an injury free (hopefully) pre-season we won't see what he's capable of

Injuries have been a bit of a concern. He's had some good games, and some not so good. Worth persevering with for now. He was the one signing we made last summer that I was a bit sceptical about, but if I'm honest he's actually been better than I expected when fit. Needs to get himself a run of games though.

For me he has played ok, i only thought he played ok in the World Cup, i would much rather have Zouma and Keane if we can or better still bring someone else in.

not sure you know, I think zouma would be first choice if we got him because he has the pace keane and mina don't, be a toss up between mina and keane to partner him, Keane had a far better season overall because he played more, mina just in and out to much to get any momentum

fair play for a new comer and jonny foreigner to be named champion for his EITC work this season

Everton star Yerry Mina says he feels "honoured" after being recognised for his charitable and community efforts off the pitch by being named the Club’s PFA Community Champion for 2018-19.

Signed in summer 2018 from Barcelona, the Colombia international embraced the work of Everton in the Community [EitC] and enthusiastically supported the Club's official charity with several appearances during the season.

Mina is without exception warmly received and welcomed by EitC's participants due to the player's infectious personality and natural gift for making everyone feel special and valued.

The Everton defender attended the charity’s annual disability awards, which celebrate the achievements of players from each of EitC’s nine football teams, and took the time to celebrate with each player individually, as well as signing autographs and posing for photos with scores of guests.

The 24-year-old also played a key part in EitC's annual showcase event at USM Finch Farm in October. In common with his teammates, Mina pledged his ongoing support to the charity. Mina was part of the group that played football with EitC's Down Syndrome team and jubilantly celebrated every goal, while ensuring each individual participant sourced huge enjoyment from the activity.

As part of the charity’s celebrations around World Down Syndrome Day, Mina joined Everton right-back Seamus Coleman in inviting the Down Syndrome team to Finch Farm for an extra-special coaching session. The group were welcomed like old friends by both Mina and Coleman before a training session and small-sided game with some incredible goal celebrations in front of the participants' watching family and friends

Especially with var coming in. Reckon he will get us a ton of pens as other defenders will be all over him at corners.
Just need somebody who can actually convert those pens though.
Got one already,he's wearing #12

Status
Not open for further replies.