If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we could do a lot better with Silva if we show him some more love. He's serious, not that great on press conferences and not a charismatic charmer like other managers, but if we can get him and other players to feel the love more it's worth just as much to attract them to stay with us longer.
Well isn't that on him? We all WANT to love the players and manager but he just really comes across as nothing positive personality wise. You give someone more of a chance if you like him than it you dislike them. I was off the Koeman train quickly because he was a disinterested tit who thought he was bigger than the club.

It's Silva's job to get the players to perform week in and week out and for about 3 months he and they failed at that miserably. "Giving them love" doesn't accomplish anything when they don't give a toss.

Well isn't that on him? We all WANT to love the players and manager but he just really comes across as nothing positive personality wise. You give someone more of a chance if you like him than it you dislike them. I was off the Koeman train quickly because he was a disinterested tit who thought he was bigger than the club.

It's Silva's job to get the players to perform week in and week out and for about 3 months he and they failed at that miserably. "Giving them love" doesn't accomplish anything when they don't give a toss.

Yeah suppose you're right. We didn't like Martinez cos he was too positive and happy and chirpy, didn't like Koeman cos of what you said...Silva is fine actually he just seems to be getting on with it and doesn't share all that much. IN training and match photos and videos he looks like he's quite intense and supportive.

I have changed my mind about Klopp. For sheer contrast I want the Leeds man. Did anyone see his press conference? He did not look up once. Apart from his lousy English which is not his fault, how does he ever relate to his players if that is his normal demeanour?

Silva is an enigma, I know nothing about him as a person, but as long as he doesn't upset the players and as long as he gets results and shows an interest in EITC, because I think that should be a part of an Everton's manager's job, he'll do. Silva isn't all smiley and happy like Martinez, but then Martinez's attitude pissed people off.

Silva is an enigma, I know nothing about him as a person, but as long as he doesn't upset the players and as long as he gets results and shows an interest in EITC, because I think that should be a part of an Everton's manager's job, he'll do. Silva isn't all smiley and happy like Martinez, but then Martinez's attitude pissed people off.
It was his ineptitude that pissed people off.

He’s got until the very least until Christmas after his first season but I can’t see us being so poor that he’ll be gone that early.

I’m encouraged that the players were still on board and didn’t down tools during the poor run of the season, he’s clearly liked and respected among the playing staff

In all seriousness - it's vitally important for him that we start next season off well and work on maintaining a solid run of good form through to and beyond Christmas. If he can't manage that then alarm bells will be ringing again and justifiably so.

Changing the manager by the minutes rarely goes well.

Since Moyes left for United we've had Roberto, Koeman, Unsworth, Allardyce and Silva and four managers in the last two seasons.

Although Unsworth was only a temporary manager, he was in charge for an extended spell, change again and it's six managers in six years more or less

We're Chelsea without the haul of League titles and the European and domestic cups they seem to pick up on a yearly basis

We have all their bad traits and none of their good.

It's wouldn't be justified or a good thing if we changed yet again following his first rough spell next season, it would just be a repeat of this season, sometimes keeping a manager works better if he has it in him to turn it around.

Howard Kendall was possibly under a lot of pressure before that game at Oxford or after the goalless home draw to Coventry, sacking is often the easy solution and the one remedy everyone can latch onto even if its not the best answer.

Quality managers will be knocking down the door to be appointed at a club who sack managers at the first sign of trouble and haven't won anything for over twenty years.

A sacking club that wins f. all ...sounds attractive?

Status
Not open for further replies.