2019/20 Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs didn’t have nights like Liverpool had, but there they are in the semi finals of the Champions League tonight.

If we had a competent chairman, I’m confident we wouldn’t currently be scrapping it out with the likes of Watford and Wolves.

We’ve got a chairman lauding bringing back Wayne Rooney on record wages.

We may not be a massive club currently, but we have been and we have the foundations to be one again.

Bill Kenwright is a stain on our history.

Ironic that you wrote that just before spurs had a night that then lot have :)

Remember Samuelson ? Trevor Birch? Some weird things have happened during his time.

That’s just the tip of the iceberg Tel.
Kenwright would have a best selling book if he were ever to publish his true and unsensored Everton memoirs!

My then 7 year old son wrote to Bill Kenwright after we sacked Koeman to say he wanted to put his name forward for the job as manager this was the reply from BillView attachment 58549

Got one of these myself, wasn't taken aback by the comments but more by the use of multiple fonts within the same letter, that's just not on.

Our club was in a financial mess long before P. Johnston assumed control let alone Kenwright.
Always think it’s strange how Carter is virtually deified amidst the vilification of Kenwright.
As Moore’s placeman he was present throughout our long decline and was a prime mover in the formation of the Premier League, which didn’t favour us one iota.

He / We did maintain our place, I'm just not sure if it was despite him or because of him. There were and always are things that you have no control over (see harold macmillans quote Re. 'Events')

People have to remember that Everton had massive pull back then. We had won something not that long ago and had won the league just over a decade ago. Bit like say Arsenal - I know slightly different as they got three FA cups recently, plus the pull of CL football. We were also in the top 10 clubs in Europe when it came to spending on players in the mid nineties. This was not an impoverished club on it's hands and knees that some people think. If he got someone in half decent early on that he was willing to share with, things could have been very different.

Problem is we continued to trade on just the name alone and Bill wanted to have a firm hand on the tiller. It's hard not to like Bill for being a fan that he is, but in equal measure he was able to find a buyer (actually a few) pretty sharpish when he was ill. Could he have done that sooner, only he knows.

I've just been watching the Finance Ministers of EU meet...no wonder you Brits voted for Brexit...what a bunch of soy drinking eunuchs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/2940481.stm

Think we had to find something like 35m to show we had the funds to go forward.

The rest would have been in the form of loans, but cos we couldnt show ANY funding, nobody would lend us the dough or something, it was a long time ago now.

Except, it was right there the whole time. Paul and Anita Gregg offered to put that cash up, in exchange for more control, and Kenwright refused. Whether it was a good thing long term or not, we will never know, and with the congestion in and around the arena when there's an event, I dread to think what it would be like with 5 times the amount of people there on a weekly basis.

But we will never know.

Yes the Hearn's were involved with them. I don't think hey are massively into football. However you offer someone the right package and they will consider it. I like him anyway, he communicates very easily and well, which is something we lack.

In an ideal world he'd head up the sales/marketing operation and someone like Leahy would be Chairman. Bill can still stay on the board as Bill, move Woods on. Bill can do what Woods does.
“ Bill can do what Woods does”. That would be perfect, Woods never says a word, can you imagine Kenwright sitting there like Woods and not uttering a single sound. Heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.