Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post mate, a clear priority for us is to pull our boot straps up with players from 19-23, there is a no mans land there developmentally at Everton argueanly at PL clubs in general. To be honest the clever play is to keep players like Davies and Ade, who clearly at peak have a talented future to make and a massive contribution to the future of the club. You need a squad of 25 to compete, if you want to win trophies consistently or make the CL that’s the depth required with a decent bar of quality, if you look at our means, history of signing players we won’t be signing 25 top class players at 45 million a pop. Lads like Davies and Ade are the life blood of the future, it’s why it’s utter madness people saying get rid. A quality home grown player is priceless toward the greater and future good, both practically and financially.

We need to learn a harsh lesson with Barkley and make sure that history doesn’t repeat.

That's true - recent cases like Sterling, (Help me out) maybe RIcharlison now, obviously the big guys Ronaldo, Messi, Mbappe & Neymar are successful from 19/20 and can play at the top level, but otherwise yeah it's a no-man's land and we should have a higher threshold of patience and understanding to try and have home grown players stay with us as long as possible.
one thing i didn't notice as much until 2-3 yrs ago was the number of home grown players who are actually not from Liverpool at all. Hopefully they get to love Everton enough to stay with us long-term. The facilities, stadium, marketing & PR, social media appearance, global fame etc, all will help tremendously in keeping younger players around now. They obviously want to feel good amongst their friends & family that they are playing at club which also makes them look good to their own people. Hopefully we can just keep this group around for a long time.

Anyone know of any good players we could sign / scout from Fulham, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Leeds or WBA?

Madrid are taking about offloading these players, I would take a couple.

Goalkeeper
Keylor Navas

Defenders
Jesus Vallejo, Theo Hernandez and Sergio Reguilon

Midfielders
Dani Ceballos, Marcos Llorente, Mateo Kovacic, James Rodriguez, Martin Odegaard and Oscar Rodriguez

Forwards
Gareth Bale, Lucas Vazquez, Brahim Diaz and Mariano Diaz
How much for a pair?

Madrid are taking about offloading these players, I would take a couple.

Goalkeeper
Keylor Navas

Defenders
Jesus Vallejo, Theo Hernandez and Sergio Reguilon

Midfielders
Dani Ceballos, Marcos Llorente, Mateo Kovacic, James Rodriguez, Martin Odegaard and Oscar Rodriguez

Forwards
Gareth Bale, Lucas Vazquez, Brahim Diaz and Mariano Diaz
Brahim Diaz have they not just bought him from city

Status
Not open for further replies.