2018/19 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add to that the strikers we had in the Moyes era such as Beattie, Johnson, Bent etc. and the only proper goal scorers we’ve had were Yakubu and Lukaku.

I think some people get freaked out when they see a striker putting the ball in the net and not running to the corner flag to hold it up. They’re not used to it.
Anichebe scored 6 in 26 for us one season, does he count as a proper goalscorer :oops:

Add to that the strikers we had in the Moyes era such as Beattie, Johnson, Bent etc. and the only proper goal scorers we’ve had were Yakubu and Lukaku.

I think some people get freaked out when they see a striker putting the ball in the net and not running to the corner flag to hold it up. They’re not used to it.

Sorry, you`re very wrong about Bent.

Moyes got him super fit and he harried defenders and chased every lost ball up front.

He wasn`t the best striker to pull on a blue shirt, but he was instrumental in us getting a Champs League spot that year.

Bear in mind he only cost £750K too.

Moyes made one his biggest mistakes as our manager the following season, by replacing him with Beattie. As Beattie just didn`t have the legs to play that lone runner role.

Moyes got him super fit and he harried defenders and chased every lost ball up front.

He wasn`t the best striker to pull on a blue shirt, but he was instrumental in us getting a Champs League spot that year.

Moyes made one his biggest mistakes as our manager the following season, by replacing him with Beattie. As Beattie just didn`t have the legs to play that lone runner role.
I have no issue with Bent, he was very good at what he did but he was not a goal scorer.

I was fuming over that signing when Dean Ashton was at Crewe going for £1 million.......
£6 million for that lump of lard....... Everton That.......
Tosun 27 million = SELL

I was fuming over that signing when Dean Ashton was at Crewe going for £1 million.......
£6 million for that lump of lard....... Everton That.......
Tosun 27 million = SELL

Don`t get too worked up about it Joey.

In view of the fact that the club appear to have somehow overlooked your talents as a scout, I`ve filled in a application form for you on the Everton in the Community site, as they were after a pensioner who could go and watch players for the club incognito and report back.

Instructions on computer use, a free eye sight test, a Nissan Micra and as many bags of Wurthers Originals as you want are all part of the package.

Talking about Tosun, just watched the match highlights for the 6 or 7 games of the season, and Tosun had several games but was often late subbed by Niasse or DCL. Also Walcott played a few and score a few. How times have changed for those two.

Will be hard to sell him back to Besiktas because I imagine the wage difference is pretty significant. Which reminds me of when loads of Besiktas fans invaded this place trying to tell us Tosun was an absolute world beater who was too good for Everton. Strange times indeed.

Think he will be off once we get another striker in. DCL would be 3 times the impact sub compared to Tosun. That's if DCL doesn't learn to finish and become our number 1 which I think is possible given a couple years. In which case I still think there are better bench strikers than Cenk.

Cenk really does need to be sold; from what I've seen he offers very little given our style of play.

Everton are reportedly willing to listen to offers worth €20 million for Cenk Tosun this summer, and Italian interest is gathering, but should the club let the forward leave?

According to claims from Calciomercato, Serie A pair Fiorentina and Lazio are interested in signing the Turkish attacker ahead of next season, as his future at Goodison Park continues to come under scrutiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.