Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is Lookman in that then? Also you are talking about players like they don't play in a a system mate. I really disagree I think Benard is part of what makes Digne so effective he allows him space to come forward and brings him in also as has been pointed out. I agree we need more up to and Haller looks good but we also need layers who can play a cross the front three for me Lookman isn't that for me, he is more of a left sided or number ten and he isn't getting in, in either position, isn't producing enough from a the bench. So it's time to move him, Walcott and Tosun on if we can and bring in players who can make an impact starting or off the bench go can play a cross that forward line and interchange.
Lookman could potentially be that LW. He can play a hybrid inside forward or true winger depending on where Digne is and they can combine to get crosses in while also linking up inside. I don't know that he can do it but I'm pretty sure after this season that Bernard cannot unless he significantly improves around the box.

But we won't be moving up the league with this year's level of performance again.

Mert? The last 11 matches or so have been ok like. Let's see what happens over time, but still... you ok mert?

Yeah you're definitely on the wind up here

I really am not. I've been looking at stats and he compares most closely to a lot of guys that would get me banned if I named them. The only defense is he works hard or he opens space for Digne but as I said I feel that those aren't skills that are hard to find.

I really am not. I've been looking at stats and he compares most closely to a lot of guys that would get me banned if I named them. The only defense is he works hard or he opens space for Digne but as I said I feel that those aren't skills that are hard to find.
It's not just about stats though is it mate. Yes he needs to improve on assists and goals but it was his first season in a new league and never even had a proper pre season. Yet you want Lookman in who has done nothing and has been here longer. Don't really get your logic.

It's possible that we could have a good run despite one player not being all that good is it not? And most of that was built on clean sheets not great goal outputs iirc.

Ok, Dave. Just pick one topic at a time to be wrong with, please? Which is it, "Lookman >> Bernard" or "the results aren't good enough" ?

'Cuz I'll take 11 Shane Longs and Lee Cattermoles if it gives 72+ points next campaign, but hey, what the hell do I know?

Ok, Dave. Just pick one topic at a time to be wrong with, please? Which is it, "Lookman >> Bernard" or "the results aren't good enough" ?

'Cuz I'll take 11 Shane Longs and Lee Cattermoles if it gives 72+ points next campaign, but hey, what the hell do I know?
My point wasn't to say the results weren't good enough. I was trying to say that winning doesn't mean we can't improve still and I felt like defensive solidity was the key and we can still create a more consistent and prolific attack.

It's not just about stats though is it mate. Yes he needs to improve on assists and goals but it was his first season in a new league and never even had a proper pre season. Yet you want Lookman in who has done nothing and has been here longer. Don't really get your logic.
Been here longer but played far less

Exactly what does that tell you. We have had more than one manager in that time as well. Walcott is getting off the bench before him as well. I want Lookman to succeed but for me something ain't right.
If he was 25 not 21 I would think he's crap. But given how managers in this country treat younger players I still believe he has a lot to offer if he were ever given a serious chance to show it. I haven't given up on him because the level of natural ability is so high.

Status
Not open for further replies.