Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm serious. I think Bernard has been the most overrated player in the squad this year. The skills he does bring are the most replaceable for his position and he doesn't do the most important stuff.

giphy.gif

It just feels to me like all of those skills are replaceable. I find it hard to believe that there aren't other players who can keep the ball, work hard, and relieve some pressure. Even if Lookman isn't that player it feels like we can find a player in that role who offers those things and also gives us more goal production. I say I'd take Lookman because I just think his traits are more valuable.

We've been looking for someone to do what Pienaar did for abar 5 years mate, it's clearly not easy to replace

...Silva has said he wants two players competing for every position. That will take time, though, because the squad is already too big.

Good to hear. Don't want to be scraping round for loans on deadline day either. Get our business done nice and early and let the lads gel over the summer.

Lookman is 21 with room to improve and already as good or better per 90 minute stats than Bernard. What Bernard brings I can find in 500 wingers all across Europe so I'd take the potential to be special over the useful but easily replaceable. Simple as that. I don't rate hard work as highly in his position. He's not playing defensive midfield.
Bernard would walk into all of the top 4 teams in the Premiership, You need players like this guy in your team, He has all the tools.

Hahahahahaha Bernard is better than Lookman you madman.
Maybe I shouldn't have compared them. Maybe I should have just said Bernard wasn't good enough this season. What's the highest team in the league besides us that he automatically starts for? Maybe Leicester? If not them it's way down the list.

Lookman is 21 with room to improve and already as good or better per 90 minute stats than Bernard. What Bernard brings I can find in 500 wingers all across Europe so I'd take the potential to be special over the useful but easily replaceable. Simple as that. I don't rate hard work as highly in his position. He's not playing defensive midfield.

giphy.gif

Here's how I see it: Gylfi and Richarlison are nailed on to be a big part next year because of their production and price. They both offer more goals and less creativity. Rico had 1 assist but did improve toward the and Gylfi is a lot of set pieces and not so much open play. To counter act this the left needs to be the supply line and Digne did well but Bernard did not. So for me the keys to scoring more next year are a. production from our LW and b. a better striker who hopefully can also set up the other scorers. That's why I think Haller would be a great signing.
Where is Lookman in that then? Also you are talking about players like they don't play in a system mate. I really disagree, although he could provide even more in terms of goals and assists, I think Bernard is part of what makes Digne so effective he allows him space to come forward by covering him, and brings him in also as has been pointed out he presses with Sig, DCL and Richarlison and he creates chances, that we don't take them isn't his fault. I agree we need more up top and Haller looks good but we also need players who can play across the front three for me Lookman isn't that for me, he is more of a left sided or number ten and he isn't getting in, in either position, and isn't producing enough from the bench. So it's time to move him, Walcott and Tosun on if we can and bring in players who can make an impact starting or off the bench who can play across that forward line and interchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.