Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t need to compare him with anyone tbh if you think Bernard isn’t worth it based on what I and many blues have seen especially since January then I’m not what sure what you want in a player
Goals, assists, chances created, shots. The standard stuff for an attacker.

The Lookman doesn't track back thing is amusing to me. It was used to justify Bolasie playing instead as Bolasie stood on halfway huffing and puffing and watching Martina get battered. It was used earlier this year to justify Walcott starting as Martial slotted in front of him too. The fact of the matter is we aren't going to be a top 4 competitive team so long as the defensive contributions of wingers are valued above attacking. Not to say defending isn't important but sacrificing a little to score should be the priority.

The Lookman doesn't track back thing is amusing to me. It was used to justify Bolasie playing instead as Bolasie stood on halfway huffing and puffing and watching Martina get battered. It was used earlier this year to justify Walcott starting as Martial slotted in front of him too. The fact of the matter is we aren't going to be a top 4 competitive team so long as the defensive contributions of wingers are valued above attacking. Not to say defending isn't important but sacrificing a little to score should be the priority.
Is it comparable though? I agree our front three should play more like a front three like the RS but we have never done it that way, and we have Sig playing as a ten so it's more of a 4231 at the moment and our full backs push high up, so we do we need players who go both ways to cover them. I agree to an extent we need more output from all of our forwards but we are playing a system where its not three up front is it? Richarlison is one who can break the lines regardless. To play a genuine 433 you need forwards who can stay high and interchange, with DCL/Richarlison and Benard its a decent three but often they still play as two wingers and one striker. I'd say Silva will be looking for forwards who can play a cross the front three like Richarlison in future. And maybe midfielders who can transition it quickly and go both ways.

What has Lookman done though mate?

I'd strongly disagree. There are few few wingers playing at the top level who don't contribute considerably to the defensive side of the game. With the way the modern full back has evolved, with most playing as secondary wingers it means that for the team with the winger unable, or more likely unwilling, to do the work defensively then the full back is over loaded and has to cover two players, inevitably leading to the ensuing space being exploited.

For an example just look at last season when sig was playing wide. He had a tendancy to drift inside defensively. The amount of time we conceded goals due to the space that subsequently created was criminal.

Modern football and the fast countering style that's the main style of play employed by teams means a lazy winger can cost you big time. It's imperative the wide men work hard defensively.

Admittedly not a lot but he's had less of a chance than everyone else and they haven't exactly been Hazard or Mane now have they?
Exactly nothing so how can you honestly say you would keep Lookman over Bernard? He should be given more of a chance but the fact Walcott keeps getting in before him makes me wonder what his attitude is like.

Is it comparable though? I agree our front three should play more like a front three like the RS but we have never done it that way, and we have Sig playing as a ten so it's more of a 4231 and our full backs push high up, so we do we need players who go both ways to cover them. I agree to an extent we need more output from all of our forwards but we are playing a system where its not three up front is it? Richarlison is one who can break the lines regardless. To play a genuine 433 you need forwards who can stay high and interchange with DCL/Rocharlison and Benard its a decent three but often they play as two wingers and one striker. I'd say Silva will be looking for forwards who can play a cross the front three like Richarlison in future.
Here's how I see it: Gylfi and Richarlison are nailed on to be a big part next year because of their production and price. They both offer more goals and less creativity. Rico had 1 assist but did improve toward the and Gylfi is a lot of set pieces and not so much open play. To counter act this the left needs to be the supply line and Digne did well but Bernard did not. So for me the keys to scoring more next year are a. production from our LW and b. a better striker who hopefully can also set up the other scorers. That's why I think Haller would be a great signing.

Exactly nothing so how can you honestly say you would keep Lookman over Bernard? He should be given more of a chance but the fact Walcott keeps getting in before him makes me wonder what his attitude is like.
Lookman is 21 with room to improve and already as good or better per 90 minute stats than Bernard. What Bernard brings I can find in 500 wingers all across Europe so I'd take the potential to be special over the useful but easily replaceable. Simple as that. I don't rate hard work as highly in his position. He's not playing defensive midfield.

Lookman is 21 with room to improve and already as good or better per 90 minute stats than Bernard. What Bernard brings I can find in 500 wingers all across Europe so I'd take the potential to be special over the useful but easily replaceable. Simple as that. I don't rate hard work as highly in his position. He's not playing defensive midfield.
You say this about Bernard but what has Lookman got then? Because no one has really seen it. Lookman is not better than Bernard and anyone saying otherwise is crazy. Lookman may become better but like I said the fact Walcott is coming off the bench before him tells me he must have either a poor attitude or can't be trusted. It's not only Silva who has decided to not really give him a chance. Taking away the price we paid for him, Richarlison is 22 so saying he is only 21 doesn't really work. If you have the ability you will be starting or at least be coming off the bench a lot more than he has.

Bernards creative output interms of chances created far exceeds ratfinks and up until Feb when I last checked he was one of the leading chance creators in the league, not his fault he has Lewin up top who couldn't hit a cows ass with a banjo

Hahahahahaha Bernard is better than Lookman you madman.

Whatever happens this summer we need to improve the actual squad rather than constantly worrying about the first eleven. Now more than ever it's about squad depth. We can't be a couple of injuries away from putting out finished players. At the same time we can't be expecting to challenge for Europe if we head in to the season with borderline Championship strikers.

Whatever happens this summer we need to improve the actual squad rather than constantly worrying about the first eleven. Now more than ever it's about squad depth. We can't be a couple of injuries away from putting out finished players. At the same time we can't be expecting to challenge for Europe if we head in to the season with borderline Championship strikers.

...Silva has said he wants two players competing for every position. That will take time, though, because the squad is already too big.

Status
Not open for further replies.