With “fans outside Merseyside” being a common insult to the reds, why are the scouser Everton fans thoughts on international Everton fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyrokang

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
Additionally, if we go by the logic that “Everton are the true pride of Merseyside as their fans are actually from Merseyside”, won’t that mean tranmere rovers is the true pride of Merseyside as they have almost no international supporters?

There’s more factors at play.

Firstly the sheer volume of tourists - and that’s what they are, purely tourists not Liverpool fans.

None-local fans of any club is fine as far as I can see, so long as they’re actual fans.

I actually feel sorry for scouse reds at times. The heart and sound has beeen ripped out of their club. It’s a commodity and a cult, not a club.

So I’ve no problem with any clubs fans being from anywhere, as long as they’re true fans.

@Adam-GOTTV - what’s your thoughts?

There’s more factors at play.

Firstly the sheer volume of tourists - and that’s what they are, purely tourists not Liverpool fans.

None-local fans of any club is fine as far as I can see, so long as they’re actual fans.

I actually feel sorry for scouse reds at times. The heart and sound has beeen ripped out of their club. It’s a commodity and a cult, not a club.

So I’ve no problem with any clubs fans being from anywhere, as long as they’re true fans.

@Adam-GOTTV - what’s your thoughts?
You are too soft! we 'ate dem reds lol

I think our relative lack of success also plays a big part in how fans from outside of Merseyside are viewed. I’m 30 and in my lifetime, 1995 was the only year we’ve won anything. I’m born and raised London, but my dad was from merseyside so I’ve been a lifelong blue and have my season ticket and go to most aways, credits permitting.

Whether talking to Scouse Evertonians or other football fans generally the reaction when I say I’m an Evertonian has always been a mixture of shock, admiration and sometimes pity. I expect it’s the same for international fans. Supporting Everton is a labour or love as we have been starved of success and patronised by the media and other fans. Supporting the RS is just a form of glory supporting (without the league title ) or buying into their sad little cult.

Nothing wrong with supporters from other areas. They are no more or no less supporters than those born in the city boundaries.

The quality of those supporters is the key. Liverpool's out-of-towners are all muppets who make up lies after every derby about us singing Hillsborough songs when even the staunchest Scouse red would tell you that it doesn't happen.

Their non-local fans are all bandwagon, glory-hunting beauts from down south or around the world with no proper connection to the club and would drop them if they finished outside of the top 6 for 5 years.

Nothing wrong with supporters from other areas. They are no more or no less supporters than those born in the city boundaries.

The quality of those supporters is the key. Liverpool's out-of-towners are all muppets who make up lies after every derby about us singing Hillsborough songs when even the staunchest Scouse red would tell you that it doesn't happen.

Their non-local fans are all bandwagon, glory-hunting beauts from down south or around the world with no proper connection to the club and would drop them if they finished outside of the top 6 for 5 years.
Spot on that

Status
Not open for further replies.