Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw today a story linking us with a move for Juao Mario of Inter.

Looks like they can't give him away - watched a few youtube clips at Inter - he can be quite tidy and likes a forward pass if there's acres of space but he's seriously slow as! He passes forward so much because he can't actually keep up, so off loads for someone else to run with it. Not the explosive creative midfielder we seek!

Looks like they can't give him away - watched a few youtube clips at Inter - he can be quite tidy and likes a forward pass if there's acres of space but he's seriously slow as! He passes forward so much because he can't actually keep up, so off loads for someone else to run with it. Not the explosive creative midfielder we seek!
I remember when he was going to be the next big thing. A proper West Ham signing if I’ve ever seen one, and he did nothing when he was there!

Imagine him and Gomes. A 36 year old Rooney could run pass them with ease. Disaster if he is Gana replacement. We probably need to play 4 5 1 to balance the midfield.

Luckily it's very early in the transfer window (so early that it's not even open yet) so we'll be linked with 87 other players before we eventually sign someone.

I'm not really sure how you can give Lookman that nickname while wanting Vlasic back given Vlasic has probably behaved the same or worse than Lookman did.

Vlasic wanted to play football, wouldn’t get it here so asked for a loan. He’s enjoying his football at CSKA whereas he didn’t he so probably wants to stay. What is wrong with that exactly?

Lookman appears to have a problem.

Luckily it's very early in the transfer window (so early that it's not even open yet) so we'll be linked with 87 other players before we eventually sign someone.
Yep, I think Inter have started early just to give them enough time to shift this dead wood!

Vlasic wanted to play football, wouldn’t get it here so asked for a loan. He’s enjoying his football at CSKA whereas he didn’t he so probably wants to stay. What is wrong with that exactly?

Lookman appears to have a problem.
Didn't Lookman do the exact same thing with RBL?

Imagine him and Gomes. A 36 year old Rooney could run pass them with ease. Disaster if he is Gana replacement. We probably need to play 4 5 1 to balance the midfield.
He's no way a Gana replacement - he's like a slower Rooney! It's nonsense journo stuff anyway! ;-)

But do City have seriously fast midfielders? Sane & Sterling yes, but they’re wingers essentially. Most of City’s midfielders look like superb technical footballers who keep hold of the ball rather than hoof it. I’m all for ‘quite tidy’ tbh, as opposed to headless chicken.

On a related point, this current trend of arsing about with the ball in and around your own penalty area is an accident waiting to happen if your players in that area of the pitch are not technically gifted.

To be honest, i can think of worse things then having a bench of Henry, Ade, Vlasic, Davies, Zouma/Yerry, Virgina next season.

That is players we already own, the first team picks itself at the moment, Zouma, Andre - are hopes we can snag, else wise im not sure we need much more then a forward, if we want or chose to develop the players i mention.

The real emphasis needs to be on rationlising the squad instead of ins, im not sure we need loads to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.