2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely not his best season. He created 64% of Swansea's goals in 2016/17 with 9 goals, 13 assists & 7 hockey assists.

He also did it despite not scoring one goal in open play with his right foot. He could've finished with 15 goals & assists each that season.

I have zero concern regarding Sigurdsson's age. He will age like fine wine, and I've said that since he was in his early 20's.

Players that decline rapidly after 29-31 are usually much smaller & faster players. Sigurdsson's playstyle is based around his both footed technical ability, not his pace or strength.

Bergkamp, Laudrup & Zidane for an example were all playing at their peak around 35-37. Gylfi relies even less on his pace than those players, and could comfortably play into his 40's.

I expect Sigurdsson to improve with each year, even into his 30's. As long as the team continues to improve his stats will as well.

Sigurdsson has actually directly contributed to 27 of our 54 of our premier league goals this season (50%)

13 goals, 6 assists & 8 hockey assists. Not to mention his 75 key passes.
Wtf is a hockey assist?

Secondary assist. In hockey, they record an assist for the player who passes to the player has the primary assist. It's to give credit to the player who may have set up the play. Can go both ways on its validity as a stat. But also something to consider when assessing a player.
What about the player that passes it to the player that passes it to the player that gets an assist.

Definitely not his best season. He created 64% of Swansea's goals in 2016/17 with 9 goals, 13 assists & 7 hockey assists.

He also did it despite not scoring one goal in open play with his right foot. He could've finished with 15 goals & assists each that season.

I have zero concern regarding Sigurdsson's age. He will age like fine wine, and I've said that since he was in his early 20's.

Players that decline rapidly after 29-31 are usually much smaller & faster players. Sigurdsson's playstyle is based around his both footed technical ability, not his pace or strength.

Bergkamp, Laudrup & Zidane for an example were all playing at their peak around 35-37. Gylfi relies even less on his pace than those players, and could comfortably play into his 40's.

I expect Sigurdsson to improve with each year, even into his 30's. As long as the team continues to improve his stats will as well.

Sigurdsson has actually directly contributed to 27 of our 54 of our premier league goals this season (50%)

Siggy's biggest fan is back lol

I agree with the sentiment but not the detail. Zidane retired at 33 and Sigurdsson will not be playing into his 40s (with Everton)!

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.