Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before considering any player from from the Gym one should look at what happened to Seri at Fulham. Ligue 1 is a very poor level and most players with a pair of boots look good in it.
Hazard, Bernardo Silva, Kante, Mahrez, Lloris, Doucoure, Lacazette, Fabinho, Moutinho, Giroud, Azpilicueta, Lucas Moura etc. have all done well here not to mention some of our best players are products of that league in Digne, Gueye and Zouma.

For any blues thinking Everton will deffo spend huge this summer and challenge top 6 I urge you to temper your infectious optimism. It's easy to get caught up in the excitement of our 'top 4' form due to our successful finish to this season.

We've taken in approx 128m in revenue this year. Significant amounts of this sum go on player salaries. We have boat loads of players who have not even been at Goodison this season, proving difficult to offload. They cost a Kings ransom to support and it's money down the grid for us and it's holding us back. We made a financial loss last year but it wasn't as big as it should've been, due to Moshiri's 250m investment.

We've got massive challenges this summer. Idrissa seems likely to leave. He is such an important player for us. We will have a battle to hold onto Zouma and Gomes, two important loanees that have certainly improved us.

We are crying out for a striker who can both hold the ball up and slot goals as well.

If Brands is as good as we all hope maybe he can meet these huge challenges. However even if we fail to secure our impressive loanees and Idrissa or Richarlison leave we will have to bed in new replacements. This has proved to be tough going for our club in recent seasons. We need to build on what we have and not constantly re-build. I really hope Brands shows us what he can do this summer. I'm aware of the huge challenges he faces so I'm not as maybe optimistic as I'd like to be.

What do you think?

giphy.gif

Before considering any player from from the Gym one should look at what happened to Seri at Fulham. Ligue 1 is a very poor level and most players with a pair of boots look good in it.

Fulham is not a good test case for anything. But plenty of players come in from L1 and do well enough. It's up to DOF to sort out the good from the bad, and sometimes you just don't know 'til you've got them.

Hazard, Bernardo Silva, Kante, Mahrez, Lloris, Doucoure, Lacazette, Fabinho, Moutinho, Giroud, Azpilicueta, Lucas Moura etc. have all done well here not to mention some of our best players are products of that league in Digne, Gueye and Zouma.

Yeah, and there was another guy.. forget his name.. Terry Henry? He was ok like.

Any wingers/attacking MFs we buy better be left footed, and can cut in from the right. No more LWs who cut inside on their right foot please.

Anybody believe Vlasic and Onyekuru will be appearing at GP next season in the blue shirt?
Vlasic no. I get the feeling him and Marco genuinely dislike each other. Onyekuru if he gets a work permit will probably get a season here to show what he can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.