Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that struck me about this game, outside of the fact that again we played toe-to-toe with one of the top 6, is that we had sooooo many chances to score with the ball at the feet of attackers in the box. Yet, in only 1 of those cases we scored, due to so many whiffs, miss kicks, missed headers, etc. There were a lot of good low crosses and pull backs that granted, werent easy to hit first time, but just connecting on 1 of 3 would have yielded 2 more goals. Finishing was pretty poor, and thats the only reason we didnt win.

spurs have to play a qualifier to get into champs league now

hopefully the incentive of winning the champions league and getting into the group stages is enough for them to smash liverpool

Dunno when the rule was changed but Ive known since around the beginning of the season that 4th place is automatic entrance into the C/L.
I realise that you were clutching at straws for Spurs to have an extra incentive but none will be needed to try and win the biggest trophy in club football.

P.S. Today's game was a typical nothing to play for end of season kick about (thank God.)

Well played today. When I saw the starting line up it looked a bit of a mess but the team were playing for each other and although some were missing and 1 played out of position it seems clear that everyone knows their role (including the subs who also did well.)

Newcastle away as a particular low point for me, it was then that I called for Marcos head. It was due to the way he reacted when the game turned and it seemed he’d lost the plot. Since then, bar Fulham, we’ve done exceptionally well. It wasn’t that long ago we were looking at our last 9-10 fixtures and wondering where our next point was coming from!

Whatever happened during that international break was galvanising. We look a good side. We defend better, keep clean sheets, we have a settled side, some good youngsters and we create chances.

I think we must take some confidence from how we finished the season. Regarding the last 10 games we were 4th in the form table behind City, RS and Palace with 5 wins 3 draws and 2 defeat which included games v Spurs, rs, Arsenal, Chelsea and United.

Another big summer ahead but at least some cause for optimism.
I agree with everything you say, I would just curb the optimism. This summer is critical if we are to at least maintain 8th (in my opinion), we are going to need a new centre back (possibly two when Zouma goes and if jags leaves), a new central midfielder when Gomes goes back (possibly two of Gana is sold) and a striker. That is replacing the spine of the team and will cost a small fortune. I think this summers recruitment is key for the next few years.

What a fantastic day out...sun was out....brilliant stadium (can not wait for ours even more now)....brilliant away fans....roll on next season

I agree with everything you say, I would just curb the optimism. This summer is critical if we are to at least maintain 8th (in my opinion), we are going to need a new centre back (possibly two when Zouma goes and if jags leaves), a new central midfielder when Gomes goes back (possibly two of Gana is sold) and a striker. That is replacing the spine of the team and will cost a small fortune. I think this summers recruitment is key for the next few years.

I think Gomez will sign, Zouma we’re not sure with Chelsea’s ban, I think we will keep gana silva wants the squad to grow and add to it, get rid of the drift wood.

My optimism is always qualified as extremely cautious...

Status
Not open for further replies.