Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point attackers need to be responsible for the ball going in the net. Plenty of players have produced in their first as well. I'm not suggesting bin him off but we definitely need to give a look into using Lookman/Onyekuru/a new signing on the left or getting someone on the right and shifting Richarlison back over.

Neither Lookman or Onyekuru will match what Bernard can do.

Lookman, even on his underperformed lackluster outings (as compared to beginning of the season) contributed to the two goals. His first move through the centre drew defenders towards him and freeing up Gilfi and Walcott in the end for the first. Then, his touch on Keane's header rebound nudged the ball for Tosun for the 2nd. If lookman can put his whoke heart into the game in preseason, he would shine brightly in 2019/20 season!

Neither Lookman or Onyekuru will match what Bernard can do.
I hope they're far better because otherwise we will be fighting for 7th again. The only way to shoot up the table is to score more goals. Obviously a new striker is needed but to pretend like a winger who doesn't contribute either isn't a problem is wishful thinking.

Doesn’t contribute hahaha

Watch the games. Don’t just count the numbers.
If he was a defensive midfielder he'd be an excellent passer. But he's a winger. One goal in 24 starts and 33 appearances. Would anyone above us including Wolves accept that?

I'm not doubting that the way he links with Digne isn't important. He opened things up in a way Richarlison couldn't. But it's crazy that people think we can't find someone who can do all that and also chip in some direct involvement in goal scoring. It's not like I'm looking for Eden Hazard or something. Jota was far more useful.

Well played today. When I saw the starting line up it looked a bit of a mess but the team were playing for each other and although some were missing and 1 played out of position it seems clear that everyone knows their role (including the subs who also did well.)

Newcastle away as a particular low point for me, it was then that I called for Marcos head. It was due to the way he reacted when the game turned and it seemed he’d lost the plot. Since then, bar Fulham, we’ve done exceptionally well. It wasn’t that long ago we were looking at our last 9-10 fixtures and wondering where our next point was coming from!

Whatever happened during that international break was galvanising. We look a good side. We defend better, keep clean sheets, we have a settled side, some good youngsters and we create chances.

I think we must take some confidence from how we finished the season. Regarding the last 10 games we were 4th in the form table behind City, RS and Palace with 5 wins 3 draws and 2 defeat which included games v Spurs, rs, Arsenal, Chelsea and United.

Another big summer ahead but at least some cause for optimism.

Lookman, even on his underperformed lackluster outings (as compared to beginning of the season) contributed to the two goals. His first move through the centre drew defenders towards him and freeing up Gilfi and Walcott in the end for the first. Then, his touch on Keane's header rebound nudged the ball for Tosun for the 2nd. If lookman can put his whoke heart into the game in preseason, he would shine brightly in 2019/20 season!

I think he’ll be sold/loaned out over the summer.

He definitely does have something about him and it would be a shame if he left to thrive elsewhere.

He had a bit of a barney with Digne over something around 5 mins after he came on. Not sure what it was about?

Status
Not open for further replies.