2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too slow, doesn’t create much and is poor defensively.....apart from that he’s a decent bloke? We can do better? Care to suggest who and for how much money?
At his best he controls a game, keeps possession, is the man who makes the assist to the assister. Shields the ball well, can make forward runs, brings our wingers into the game and takes us up field. I think he could be boss.

Personally think this will get done, he's had a good season with us after all his struggles and clearly likes it here. We'll outbid Spurs or anyone else who goes in for him, I'm absolutely sure of that. Zouma though I think is extremely unlikely, Chelsea would have to be absolutely daft to do business with any other PL club for him when he's their best centre-half.

I unfortunately do not lie. Sorry. He's not that good. He simply doesn't create much with the ball and is a significant liability when the other team has it. Good in possession, decent passing range, great dribbler, but too slow and/or disciplined. Not.That.Good.

It's unreal, though, there are folks that thing he's the best playmaker we've had since Arteta and others that think it would be catastrophic if he signed elsewhere. It's just bizarre. Good. But NOT.THAT.GOOD.

When we look better going forward and create more chances with Gana and Morgan Schneiderlin - which is a more defensive setup, I think it's worth considering whether we need him at all.

He's literally the only playmaker we've had since Arteta, so that statement is kind of true...

Status
Not open for further replies.