Everton Youth Teams Thread

...must be a good footballer, must be well brought up, must be one of us. Work hard at school, though.
Think we had a spell a couple of years ago when we lost a couple of highly rated academy players Corrigan I remember being one can't say they have broken through the u18s/23s

Think we had a spell a couple of years ago when we lost a couple of highly rated academy players Corrigan I remember being one can't say they have broken through the u18s/23s

...these kids look very young. They must be very talented lads but i’m really wary of it all. It’s difficult when you’re a parent because you get carried away when clubs knock at your door.

Ultimately, though, they make it seem like they are doing you a favour. If you have a Rooney, though, they will do anything to get you to sign. I wouldn’t send my kid to Manchester City unless they picked him up from home and paid parents petrol money.

Don’t get carried away, they are merciless in discarding boys. It has to be fun for lads that age. School is most important when you’re a talented child footballer.

...these kids look very young. They must be very talented lads but i’m really wary of it all. It’s difficult when you’re a parent because you get carried away when clubs knock at your door.

Ultimately, though, they make it seem like they are doing you a favour. If you have a Rooney, though, they will do anything to get you to sign. I wouldn’t send my kid to Manchester City unless they picked him up from home and paid parents petrol money.

Don’t get carried away, they are merciless in discarding boys. It has to be fun for lads that age. School is most important when you’re a talented child footballer.
While I’ll admit to not knowing much about City’s Academy, I thought they had a decent reputation e.g part of the deal was that they would continue paying for private education at their school even if the kid was cut from the Academy . As you say , they are merciless though when it comes to discarding players .

While I’ll admit to not knowing much about City’s Academy, I thought they had a decent reputation e.g part of the deal was that they would continue paying for private education at their school even if the kid was cut from the Academy . As you say , they are merciless though when it comes to discarding players .

...they’re all merciless, I wouldn’t specify City. It’s great for kids to play for an Academy, but they shouldn’t think it’s a big thing. Playing for a club should be fun in the same way as playing for their local league teams.

They shouldn’t be under pressure.

....Adedoyin apparently out of contract this summer and we are keen to tie him down with another. Problem is, the lad is with Nigeria at U20 World Cup and apparently has a few options.

If he's smart he'd see the clear pathway and sign.

...mmm, he’s decent from what i’ve seen, especially with the focus on Simms. Our record of playing youngsters is actually very good, but who knows what financial and first team incentives he’s being offered, particularly from abroad.

Thing is, you’d have thought he’d have agreed a deal with us at this point.

...mmm, he’s decent from what i’ve seen, especially with the focus on Simms. Our record of playing youngsters is actually very good, but who knows what financial and first team incentives he’s being offered, particularly from abroad.

Thing is, you’d have thought he’d have agreed a deal with us at this point.

He's better than Simms IMO.

He's better than Simms IMO.
I’d have agreed last season when Adeydoyin looked sharper , more skilful than Simms. This season Simms made massive strides forward, Adeydoyin improved but not a lot.
I think we’ve disagreed on Simms of late, I suspect the overhype by others has had something to do with that. The whole u18 style was get the ball forward as quickly as possible into the path of Simms and he did the rest. Adeydoyin couldn’t play that way.
Where I think Simms suffered was being asked to play in a different style in his few games at U23s , he’s got a lot to learn about hold up play , playing with your back to goal etc something he’s never had to do but he can be developed. It was like asking him to play like DCL when he previously played like Jamie Vardy, if that makes sense. He’ll be a test of just how good our U23s coaches are at developing players next season and if somebody said that because of the transfer ban we’d gone out and signed the best goalscoring player in the German u18 League we’d be widely excited. !