New Everton Stadium Discussion

Not sure the Esk needed to consult industry experts at his own expense to work out that ticket costs will go up if we build a brand new £500m stadium.

Think you'll find that Esk has already written several articles about the potential impact upon ticket pricing policies if the new stadium is only 52,000.

To consult with stadium industry experts who have supported his own conclusions would appear to be sound practise on his behalf.

And it's actually quite noteworthy that none of his assertions about the stadium capacity, financing or ticket pricing have been challenged or refuted by the club.

Think you'll find that Esk has already written several articles about the potential impact upon ticket pricing policies if the new stadium is only 52,000.

To consult with stadium industry experts who have supported his own conclusions would appear to be sound practise on his behalf.

And it's actually quite noteworthy that none of his assertions about the stadium capacity, financing or ticket pricing have been challenged or refuted by the club.
And why should the club challenge or refute assertions from someone without status within the club?
The question we must ask ourselves is, do we put our faith in billionaires or bloggers.....

To be fair the club arent gonna be refuting random people on the internet.

I'd respectfully suggest the people telling you that are remarkably ill informed.
Raising finance for a project that is likely to top £500 million is never going to be easy.

The money is the easiest thing, for a man worth billions, who is best mates with somebody worth more, money aint no thing.

Yeah, have read a fair bit of his stuff, and the finance stuff is usually pretty good. My comment was somewhat tongue in cheek, but realistically - if we build a shiny new stadium with better facilities and take on £500m+ of debt in the process, ticket prices will go up. Not rocket science.

To be fair the club arent gonna be refuting random people on the internet.

The money is the easiest thing, for a man worth billions, who is best mates with somebody worth more, money aint no thing.

Random people on the internet Goat ?
You obviously missed the podcast interview that Esk did with the clubs Financial Director Sasha Ryazantsev a couple of months ago.
Methinks the club wouldn't agree to that if Esk hadn't raised valid points and substantiated a level of credibility, do you ?

Random people on the internet Goat ?
You obviously missed the podcast interview that Esk did with the clubs Financial Director Sasha Ryazantsev a couple of months ago.
Methinks the club wouldn't agree to that if Esk hadn't raised valid points and substantiated a level of credibility, do you ?

So I assume he showed Sasha his article and got some sort of comment about it?

Hes just a random bloke on the internet mate, please lets not pretend hes anything else.

Yeah, have read a fair bit of his stuff, and the finance stuff is usually pretty good. My comment was somewhat tongue in cheek, but realistically - if we build a shiny new stadium with better facilities and take on £500m+ of debt in the process, ticket prices will go up. Not rocket science.
If it's 52k I agree, but there's a fair case that building to the 60k or more that so many of us want and think right and proper, can keep ticket prices for rank and file supporters affordable while exacting more from 'premium seating' and corporate packages.

So I assume he showed Sasha his article and got some sort of comment about it?

Hes just a random bloke on the internet mate, please lets not pretend hes anything else.
An hour long interview recorded and podcast is hardly 'some sort of comment' mate.
But let's not fall out ;)

If it's 52k I agree, but there's a fair case that building to the 60k or more that so many of us want and think right and proper, can keep ticket prices for rank and file supporters affordable while exacting more from 'premium seating' and corporate packages.

Think ticket prices for the rank and file will go up whatever the final capacity. To different degrees sure. But if we get it built, im fully expecting a hike in ST price.