Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I've been on Citalopram, since October (admit a low dose). It recommends not to drink with them. I've basically given up (had the odd one but only now and again) Before I was on them I was drinking quite heavily. Alcohol basically, counter acts the anti depressant. I do feel better for not drinking although alcohol free beer isn't that nice. (tried them all Bud and Heineken have been the best so far).

I was taking my whole prescription at once (stupidly) but normal amounts I feel fine with. Feeling severely depressed and prescribed Duloxetine has been like a gateway drug for me. This has been under the mental health service.

I'll write it down without the rude bits.

Me: "So are all the people who defended Suarez, and made fun of people like me who called out his racism and called us bitter and [bad word] stirrers, going to admit he's a racist now he plays for another team? He always was a [bad word]. The leopard hasn't changed his spots."
Him: "No."

Me (quoting another fan called RockyKlopp who said 'if this is how he treats his ex team, he definitely did mean what he said to a United fan in a racial connotation'): "So NOW you admit it."
Him: "RockyKlopp doesn't speak for me or anyone I know. Evra is a homophonic (sic) [bad word] stirring [bad word] with a history of [bad word]housery."

That hurt. When someone you really look up to thinks you're bitter just because you dislike a racist player, that hurts.
I get ya. It's a trap most seem to wander into. There are bands I really like - but I like them for their music. I wouldn't value their opinions on football, politics, religion, philosophy, the environment or science any more than a loaf of bread. I like them, but don't look up to them. They make music, that's all.

I don't get how people are desperate to get celebrity opinions, as if they're mistaking celebrity status for expertise. There's no reason that they're ideas and opinions are any better or worse than your own. People will always have different experiences and views. The fact that that is true doesn't suggest your own are right or wrong. Don't hang too much feeling on the opinions of others.

I'll write it down without the rude bits.

Me: "So are all the people who defended Suarez, and made fun of people like me who called out his racism and called us bitter and [bad word] stirrers, going to admit he's a racist now he plays for another team? He always was a [bad word]. The leopard hasn't changed his spots."
Him: "No."

Me (quoting another fan called RockyKlopp who said 'if this is how he treats his ex team, he definitely did mean what he said to a United fan in a racial connotation'): "So NOW you admit it."
Him: "RockyKlopp doesn't speak for me or anyone I know. Evra is a homophonic (sic) [bad word] stirring [bad word] with a history of [bad word]housery."

That hurt. When someone you really look up to thinks you're bitter just because you dislike a racist player, that hurts.
It's always hard when somebody you like or admire (not just a celebrity) turns out to be a complete tit. You just have to make the decision if you can continue to like them and accept that they do not hold the same views as you. You could try to educate them as to why their views are unacceptable. Or you just bin them off. To be honest I would find it very hard to be friends with somebody who was racist or homophobic. Remember you are in control of the situation.

My guilty pleasure is Bryan Ferry. Never met him or interacted with him in any way. I know he's a fox-hunting Tory tw@t but I can't quite dissociate myself from the music. The fox hunting Tory hit a purple patch mid 80s that I still love!

I too know a lot of Reds. Individually they are lovely. It's the collective Kopite mentality I can't abide.

Regulars on this thread will know I've had anxiety issues which I manage pretty well now. However, when these manifested themselves it drove a wedge between me and my wife, and it's never really been the same since. I think she needs a "strong" man, and maybe I appeared weak. I don't think she's looked at me the same way since. We've nearly split up a few times, but today feels like a watershed moment, and I think it's the beginning of the end. Part of me is relieved, as when I look at the times when I've been happy recently she often isn't there. We've drifted apart but this morning instead of her saying it and me saying nothing I actually admitted that she might be right, which I think was the cue she was looking for. I'm scared stiff. I don't have any friends in this city, and if I'm not living with my boys anymore I'm not sure how I'll cope. Any advice from people who've been through this would be really appreciated.

Regulars on this thread will know I've had anxiety issues which I manage pretty well now. However, when these manifested themselves it drove a wedge between me and my wife, and it's never really been the same since. I think she needs a "strong" man, and maybe I appeared weak. I don't think she's looked at me the same way since. We've nearly split up a few times, but today feels like a watershed moment, and I think it's the beginning of the end. Part of me is relieved, as when I look at the times when I've been happy recently she often isn't there. We've drifted apart but this morning instead of her saying it and me saying nothing I actually admitted that she might be right, which I think was the cue she was looking for. I'm scared stiff. I don't have any friends in this city, and if I'm not living with my boys anymore I'm not sure how I'll cope. Any advice from people who've been through this would be really appreciated.

Why can’t she be strong for you instead? Support you, help you when times are testing? Not being funny and you are within your rights to tell me to do one, from what you have said there she doesn’t come across as someone you should be with. In times of trouble and problems the ones who are genuine will likely be there for you.

I’m not married or have children, to be honest I’m like a ghost these days when even a question of “how’s it going” or “how have you been” haven’t came my way in a long time, I’ve accustomed to that, got used to it. I’m not some guru or wise chap but what you’ve said there is concerning and if I say so a rather cold and selfish stance from your partner.

Why can’t she be strong for you instead? Support you, help you when times are testing? Not being funny and you are within your rights to tell me to do one, from what you have said there she doesn’t come across as someone you should be with. In times of trouble and problems the ones who are genuine will likely be there for you.

I’m not married or have children, to be honest I’m like a ghost these days when even a question of “how’s it going” or “how have you been” haven’t came my way in a long time, I’ve accustomed to that, got used to it. I’m not some guru or wise chap but what you’ve said there is concerning and if I say so a rather cold and selfish stance from your partner.
Yes, that has been said. It's also true that I feel like she hasn't supported me. She's just not that type of person. Some people have told me I should find someone else more caring, but she is the mother of my kids, and a very good one.

This pretty much happened to a best mate of mine (who is married to by gf's best pal) who also have a kid. He has been on medication for 6 months or so, she wasn't happy with his 'laziness', ended up cheating and leaving him for the guy around Christmas. That affair ended in Feb and he has found someone else who he seems really happy with. His wife doesn't know he is seeing someone else yet so there is that drama to come, but he has not done anything wrong.

I've simplified the story loads but I guess the gist is you could be much happier out of it .

Yes, that has been said. It's also true that I feel like she hasn't supported me. She's just not that type of person. Some people have told me I should find someone else more caring, but she is the mother of my kids, and a very good one.

Therein lies the difficulty - It’s a much more black and white issue before kids come along. I have nothing to add that a million cliches haven’t already said before me:

The likelihood is that everyone - kids included - would be better off for a split, but that YOU would find it very difficult to leave them which I understand 100%. If she is a good mum as you say, though, she’ll ensure they see as much of you as they can and it will be in a far happier, healthier environment than they’re in now.

I really don’t envy the choice you have to make, especially as I’m fairly sure from your posts that you know what the right choice is.

Whatever you choose, make sure you keep popping in here if you need to. There’ll always be as many kind words as you need waiting for you, for whatever they’re worth.

I'm not going to attention seek by putting this on Twitter. I've just posted the same in the WWE thread in the other forum.

If anyone is struggling at the minute, or having financial problems and fancy taking your mind off it. I have a pair of WWE tickets in Liverpool for this Sunday, and two odd spares going.

Happy to offer them to someone who's going to use them and will appreciate them. Hopefully someone may be able to take their lad/mate when they wouldn't have been able to originally.

PM me before 5pm as I can meet in town at 5pm - if not it will be collection from the Wirral.

I haven't been feeling too good recently, work has been tough with other people being off and its been getting on top of me more and more recently to the point I had to ring in this morning to say I wasn't feeling well enough to come in, I woke up feeling really anxious and in a bit of a state. I hate ringing in to work because I hate letting people down and especially whilst its been tough at work with others being off but just couldn't face going in today.

I haven't been feeling too good recently, work has been tough with other people being off and its been getting on top of me more and more recently to the point I had to ring in this morning to say I wasn't feeling well enough to come in, I woke up feeling really anxious and in a bit of a state. I hate ringing in to work because I hate letting people down and especially whilst its been tough at work with others being off but just couldn't face going in today.

I suffered similar in my last job mate - used to wake at 4am everyday worrying about work.

We were massively understaffed for the work load and very unforgiving bosses - if you don’t like it you can always look for another job attitude.

Have you spoken to your boss / occupational health ?

Sadly this seems to be accepted working conditions in a lot of work places now days.

I suffered similar in my last job mate - used to wake at 4am everyday worrying about work.

We were massively understaffed for the work load and very unforgiving bosses - if you don’t like it you can always look for another job attitude.

Have you spoken to your boss / occupational health ?

Sadly this seems to be accepted working conditions in a lot of work places now days.
Yeah its been just building up I have been trying to just get on with it and hope I just feel better but its just getting harder, and it's not helped that we are short staffed. Today was the first time I rang and said I wasn't feeling like I could cope with coming in and I felt really bad about it because I don't like letting people down. I haven't been to the doctors or anything yet because I just wanted to see if I could just get through it.