2019/20 Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right hang on a minute. I’ve never been a Bill fan, but we never had “nights like they have” before he was involved with the club either. We had one against Bayern Munich in a now defunct competition with our best ever team. We are not a massive club. I wish we were but we’re not.

Pre sky sports era we were.

We were big-ish. We weren’t anywhere near Liverpool, they’d won 18 titles and 4 European Cups by the time the Sky Sports era started.

We did have more league titles than both Manchester United and Arsenal, and of course we were a big club in the 60's as well.Sadly in the modern era, we haven't been at the races, but i think we can still be classed as a big club, on an historical basis.

I dont have any problems at all with Bill, he is our past, its the future we need to think about under Moshiri and Bramley Moore....etc

Right hang on a minute. I’ve never been a Bill fan, but we never had “nights like they have” before he was involved with the club either. We had one against Bayern Munich in a now defunct competition with our best ever team. We are not a massive club. I wish we were but we’re not.
Spurs didn’t have nights like Liverpool had, but there they are in the semi finals of the Champions League tonight.

If we had a competent chairman, I’m confident we wouldn’t currently be scrapping it out with the likes of Watford and Wolves.

We’ve got a chairman lauding bringing back Wayne Rooney on record wages.

We may not be a massive club currently, but we have been and we have the foundations to be one again.

Bill Kenwright is a stain on our history.

Spurs didn’t have nights like Liverpool had, but there they are in the semi finals of the Champions League tonight.

If we had a competent chairman, I’m confident we wouldn’t currently be scrapping it out with the likes of Watford and Wolves.

We’ve got a chairman lauding bringing back Wayne Rooney on record wages.

We may not be a massive club currently, but we have been and we have the foundations to be one again.

Bill Kenwright is a stain on our history.

Spurs haven’t had nights like them either. They’re a better team than us, yeah, I’ll give them that. And why wouldn’t we be scrapping with those teams if we had a different chairman? I’m not trying to defend him honestly, I want to see the back of him as much as anyone, I’m just genuinely interested to know where you’ve got the delusions of grandeur about our standing in the game from. We were garbage for an entire decade before he was chairman.

You’re trying to say we weren’t big?

Second if not third biggest club in the country....

This all to suit an agenda?

What, 30 years ago? Unfortunately the last 30 years actually count as part of our history. We’ve existed for 140 years and have won 16 trophies. Don't know why people think we’re entitled to success, we’re getting as bad as Geordies.

What, 30 years ago? Unfortunately the last 30 years actually count as part of our history. We’ve existed for 140 years and have won 16 trophies. Don't know why people think we’re entitled to success, we’re getting as bad as Geordies.

Sorry mate thought you meant by the time the Prem league started.

Agree on the rest though

Spurs haven’t had nights like them either. They’re a better team than us, yeah, I’ll give them that. And why wouldn’t we be scrapping with those teams if we had a different chairman? I’m not trying to defend him honestly, I want to see the back of him as much as anyone, I’m just genuinely interested to know where you’ve got the delusions of grandeur about our standing in the game from. We were garbage for an entire decade before he was chairman.
Spurs are beginning to reach the latter stages of European competition and have cemented themselves as a Top 4 club. They also find themselves in one of the world’s best stadiums. That is down to some fine management at boardroom level.

We’ve been in the Premier League since its inception, a time of unprecedented wealth, yet we’re still mixing it with yo-yo clubs.

Watford have been in the Premier League for a total of 5 seasons, with Wolves also being in the Premier League for a total of 5 seasons.

Kenwright has been the chairman of this club for two decades in the Premier League. Why is it that we find ourselves around these clubs after all this time of Premier League money? Why can these clubs come up and negotiate sponsorship deals comparable to our own? Why, out of all the ever-present Premier League clubs, are we the only one not in this ‘Big 6’, despite Everton being part of the original ‘Big 5’ going into the Premier League? Why is our stadium by far the worst out of all the clubs who have continually been on the Premier League gravy train?

It is down to atrocious management at boardroom level. He’s failed with everything he’s ever tried to do:
  1. NTL deal
  2. Kings Dock
  3. Kirkby
  4. Lack of financial backing
  5. Selling our best players
He couldn’t even manage to get a little office built in the car park.

We won a cup in the decade previous to him being chairman, a damn sight more than he’s ever achieved.

He has to go. He is a disgrace and one of the worst things that has ever happened to this club.

Spurs are beginning to reach the latter stages of European competition and have cemented themselves as a Top 4 club. They also find themselves in one of the world’s best stadiums. That is down to some fine management at boardroom level.

We’ve been in the Premier League since its inception, a time of unprecedented wealth, yet we’re still mixing it with yo-yo clubs.

Watford have been in the Premier League for a total of 5 seasons, with Wolves also being in the Premier League for a total of 5 seasons.

Kenwright has been the chairman of this club for two decades in the Premier League. Why is it that we find ourselves around these clubs after all this time of Premier League money? Why can these clubs come up and negotiate sponsorship deals comparable to our own? Why, out of all the ever-present Premier League clubs, are we the only one not in this ‘Big 6’, despite Everton being part of the original ‘Big 5’ going into the Premier League?

It is down to atrocious management at boardroom level. He’s failed with everything he’s ever tried to do:
  1. NTL deal
  2. Kings Dock
  3. Kirkby
  4. Lack of financial backing
  5. Selling our best players
He couldn’t even manage to get a little office built in the car park.

We won a cup in the decade previous to him being chairman, a damn sight more than he’s ever achieved.

He has to go. He is a disgrace and one of the worst things that has ever happened to this club.

That’s pretty much all correct, but what on earth does it have to do with us not having those magical famous wonderful European nights that Liverpool have?

That’s pretty much all correct, but what on earth does it have to do with us not having those magical famous wonderful European nights that Liverpool have?
Because Tottenham are showing us right now that it is possible for a club to have them nights. We’ll never have them when we have people like Bill Kenwright at this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.