Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we deem Kenny, a captain and England youth International not good enough, how would buying another young right back up work?

Coleman is definitely good enough to be backup for another couple of years whilst Kenny gets experience. The only right backs we should be buying imo are those to come straight into the first XI like digne has.
Potentially very well. I think people put far too much stock into the "youth international" thing. The majority never make it at the top levels. Players develop at different rates, and honestly, some just don't get the same chances as others. Think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone outside of some Everton fans that would rate Kenny ahead of someone like Wan Bissaka who's younger than Kenny and has only just broken into the England youth setup. Now we won't be signing AWB, just using him as an example.

Imagine the cost would be quite hefty at least 12-15 mil one would assume. Few good RB’s kicking around the championship this year Reece James, Max Aron’s and this lad to name a few

....very interesting you say that, I recall Moyes saying the Championship often holds a rich source of young RBs. There was a few around when he identified John Stones as the best of the lot.

If we deem Kenny, a captain and England youth International not good enough, how would buying another young right back up work?

Coleman is definitely good enough to be backup for another couple of years whilst Kenny gets experience. The only right backs we should be buying imo are those to come straight into the first XI like digne has.

....there is apparent interest in Kenny (Crystal Palace). Kenny is behind Coleman in the queue now, he needs to be overtaking him now. We won’t keep hold of him to gain experience if the club don’t think he’s top notch.

If the links with the Derby lad are accurate, Brands might think he’ll be genuine competition from the outset who could become top notch.

I really like Kenny as well, I think he's ok defensively but really good attacking he gives it his all, But he does have lapses while defending at times which is worrying but maybe that's because he's on the bench all the time and lost that match pace flow

I really like Kenny as well, I think he's ok defensively but really good attacking he gives it his all, But he does have lapses while defending at times which is worrying but maybe that's because he's on the bench all the time and lost that match pace flow

I'd like to see him get more of a chance before writing him off. He's never had an extended run, but his youth pedigree is as good as it gets. We either get a first choice backup or none imo.

The media(SKY) have no idea what is happening at Everton, they really have very little knowledge about clubs outside the usual top four contenders.
They will, of course , link us with Danny Welbeck because it fits their idea of the kind of club Everton is... to be fair there were plenty of times when they would not have been wrong.

Anybody listening to Marcel Brands in recent weeks will understand the kind of players we want. Young, affordable wages and the ability to improve and increase their value so that Everton gains in one way or another.
I think it is unlikely we will be signing any current Premiership player as the better players will be very expensive and we really don't want anybody who is not better than what we already have and that is the job that faces Marcel Brands this summer.

We are an established Premiership team, we have had a largely disappointing season but will finish eight or at worse ninth. we have ambitions to do better but unlike some other clubs with similar ambitions we have spent enough money to have given us a chance to challenge for at least top six but we have largely squandered that money. We may be after Championship players but we also know they are hardly cheap.

In summary, we are a club that can attract most players apart from those who have already proven themselves at high levels of football. I would use David Neres as an example and say that we could have signed him twelve months ago... but not now.

The great thing about football is that there are always new players coming through, players in the 18-20 age group that will be stars in a couple of years but are not there yet and hopefully Brands can tap into that group of players.

Josh King would be a great answer to our striker woes. Whenever he plays up top for Bournemouth he gets it done. However he doesn't play there all the time cause they also have Wilson.

There's quite alot of talent out there if we bother to look. Let's not forget it's important to have a strong squad especially if we are looking at competing on all fronts. IMO of we have an experienced player in a position it would be very useful to us to find youngsters with great potential.

The likes of Gibbs-White, Tuanzebe, McGinn, Grealish is the sort of young/undervalued talent we should be looking at.

We could also look at some experienced lads who could come in and add quality. The likes of Schurrle could add someone to the team. We also shouldn't forget to get rid of the deadwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.