2018/19 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe , just maybe he's playing for a manager that actually believes in him.
He really was everywhere tonight , every ball won by Keane & Zooma he picked up or cleared .Not the best at pushing forward but very good at what he does.

....possibly, but it would certainly be part of my transfer strategy to move players on who show significant differences in form. I think we’d get more right than wrong and it’ll help avoid having players on lengthy contracts we can’t shift.

They need to consistently demonstrate football matters to them. Mirallas is an example.

When Silva first came here Schneiderlin was the player that he name checked as being able to play in the midfield system that he wanted to play and throughout the season he has continuously said that he believes in Schneiderlin and his ability wasn’t in question, he was just suffering a crisis of confidence. Silva and everyone at the club deserve a lot of credit for rebuilding him because he was a shell of the player we bought.
Really happy he is now performing, but we should still be offloading someone who is coming to their 30’s and is on excess of 100grand a week. Of the deadwood wage-thieves we have in the squad he has significantly dropped down the list of priorities to bump off and wouldn’t be displeased to see him here next year.

I like the fact he doesn't do writhing around even after the most savage of tackles. Maybe he's storing up a little surprise for Mr Westwood next season.

If we aren't getting gomes we have to keep him. Even with gomes he gives us another option if we need to mix things up in a game.

I would definitely keep him, even if Gomes stays. He seemed to be everywhere last night. One moment, he was diving in to win us a corner. Seconds later, he was diving in to prevent a Burnley opportunity. I know that he has been inconsistent at times this season, but, you could say that about the majority of our squad.

This is hard to swallow but he was excellent again.

Back to how he was when we first got him but in a more understated way. Improved his fitness too.

Status
Not open for further replies.