2018/19 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva yesterday:

"We're offering Baines a contract extension for another season."

"We need to speak to Jagielka about what we're going to do."

I'd be getting ready to say your goodbyes in the Burnley match..

Be interesting to see how this one plays out will tell a lot, if he goes then brands in pulling the strings, if not we will know Bill still has a big pull behind the scenes.

I would be a big Jags fan, particularly for the loyalty he showed over the years, if not playing i would offer him a role at the club in time, depending on what he would want to with is playing.

Be interesting to see how this one plays out will tell a lot, if he goes then brands in pulling the strings, if not we will know Bill still has a big pull behind the scenes.

I would be a big Jags fan, particularly for the loyalty he showed over the years, if not playing i would offer him a role at the club in time, depending on what he would want to with is playing.
Disagree. No way Silva agrees to keep Jags or Bainesy if he does not want them.

IMO they both likely deserve a new contract with the view to also start their moves into the coaching/management of this club. Their wages need to go way down, but we can keep them as backups.

Disagree. No way Silva agrees to keep Jags or Bainesy if he does not want them.

IMO they both likely deserve a new contract with the view to also start their moves into the coaching/management of this club. Their wages need to go way down, but we can keep them as backups.

I think Silva will have an imput certainly, but i think it will be either Brands or Bill pulling the overall strings in terms of sentiment or budget at board level.

Marco Silva has revealed talks will be held with both players.

While their deals run out at the end of June, the Blues will have to have informed the players of the club’s decision with the next fortnight with EFL Regulation 67 states that Everton have to notify the pair in writing by May 18 whether or not they’ll receive a new deal.

What a servant Jags has been though, I don’t think I’ll ever forget his goal against the rs or that pen against United where he nearly took the net off
Can’t see him being offered a new contract but would love to see him offered a role at the club eventually
Who knows, Sheffield United have just been promoted and will want PL experienced players...might be a decent move for him if he still wants to play

Jags always struck me as a sensible bloke with his feet on the ground, so I don't imagine he's on tenterhooks waiting to see whether we offer him a new deal or not. He has to know that he's going to be pretty far down the pecking order here and he could probably keep playing at another club if he wanted to. He's probably made enough to retire should he want to

Still, if he's willing to take on a pay cut and a minor role, it wouldn't be the worst idea to extend his deal. Experienced player who could probably help out some of the younger defenders coming through. Ditto for Baines really

There's no way either will be on the same money if they re-sign. They'll both be taking a cut, and it'll be a comparative drop in the ocean on the wage bill

I would guess that if Phil Jagielka is offered another deal it will be for one year and at reduced wages.
Phil then has to decide if he is happy to stay at Everton and get a game now and then or move somewhere else and possibly play more football and possibly earn more money... but that might mean uprooting his family or Phil having to live in a hotel somewhere for a year.
He may be able to go to Sheffield Utd and would offer them the experience they would need in the premiership and would not be too far from home.

From an Everton perspective if we could sign Zouma alongside Keane and Mina with Jagielka as cover it could allow Holgate to go on loan again and play every week as he has done this season.
In twelve months time he would have serious experience and be able then to come back and play in our first team....if he is good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.