2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you not blame the smoke please. I smoke some fine merch and would never come out with such rubbish. I suspect crack cocaine to be the problem here. Good day Sir
Gana has more than 2x the number of chances created and key passes than does Gomes. So blame objective reality.

Do you ever go back and watch the highlights at least? I guess sometimes it’s due to being distracted by kids or whatever. I dunno, I quite enjoy some of the tactical gamesmanship in matches and will watch them more than once at times. Especially if I’m looking at certain players.

No mate, it tends to be having a social life

In terms of creating opportunities for his teammates, he's one of the worst in the entire league. The fact that some of you think otherwise isn't surprising, but it's not true. I know I know, STATS ARE BAD. But I see it clear as day, the stats just happen to agree with me. Keep in mind, these aren't small margins, it's not even close. So everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the preponderance of evidence is there.

I'm sorry that some of you probably think Gana doesnt pass forward and that he loses the ball a lot. You are wrong.

Look, he's lovely on the ball, great dribbler, and I'm glad everyone finds him entertaining, but that's a very small part of the game. I personally cannot remember a pass he made that created some sort of opportunity for a teammate.

....Gomes is a playmaker, he’s like a Quarterback who sets the tempo of the game and sprays short and long passes around the pitch. As I said before he played a game for us, he keeps both wide players in the game with his ability to knock passes with either foot to either wing.

Stats reveal assists, pity there aren’t stats about assisting assists. I imagine Gomes is at the core of many of our attacks.

Gomes really isn’t very creative.

Doesn’t mean he’s not a good player but he isn’t this playmaker you all think he is.

I'd think he fit in the Spurs team quite nicely funnily enough, I want him badly but if he moves to a team who are in the CL like Spurs I'd understand it. Just would be a shame and all that to lose him I would hope we would have the advantage given he feels settled here and seems to be enjoying his football but he's 25 so he might feel he won't get another chance like this.
If this isn't wrapped up quickly as the first deal then I'd probably guess he's considering other teams.

Do you ever go back and watch the highlights at least? I guess sometimes it’s due to being distracted by kids or whatever. I dunno, I quite enjoy some of the tactical gamesmanship in matches and will watch them more than once at times. Especially if I’m looking at certain players.

Do you have a partner crimmo?

Reactions: FTY
Off course he will be linked to others-spurs seem to be linked every few days, its the way things work, till/if we sign him, i just think we have 1st choice of signing him though

Status
Not open for further replies.