Friday night football

Status
Not open for further replies.
CL games are never played on Thursdays. Tuesday and Wednesday are fine by me. Sundays early KOs can be a problem cos I go to church, but that is academic, as we are light years from the CL. I do not rate the Europa tournament as worth the bother of turning out on regular Thursdays and Sundays. that is the bottom of it.

CL games are never played on Thursdays. Tuesday and Wednesday are fine by me. Sundays early KOs can be a problem cos I go to church, but that is academic, as we are light years from the CL. I do not rate the Europa tournament as worth the bother of turning out on regular Thursdays and Sundays. that is the bottom of it.

sorry mate but im failing to see a massive difference between playing on Thursday as apposed to Tue/Wed??

swerve church off then anyway, god isn't real

Friday is better than a Monday and for all locals attending it is probably boss as it frees up the rest of the Weekend. However it is a lot to ask people who are 4/5 hours away.

Every club's last home league game of the season should be at an appropriate time to be able to stay for the afters instead of bolting out for the rush to catch the last train home.

Friday is better than a Monday and for all locals attending it is probably boss as it frees up the rest of the Weekend. However it is a lot to ask people who are 4/5 hours away.

Every club's last home league game of the season should be at an appropriate time to be able to stay for the afters instead of bolting out for the rush to catch the last train home.

It's wrecked it for me mate.

I live and work in London and have a 4 till 5 meeting so can't make it back in time.

The last home match of the season should not be getting moved at about 4 weeks notice to a working day, it's a complete joke.

It’s just the same game of football so the day/ night shouldn’t make any difference, but strangely it does, even if it is the last home game of the season, I hope I’m wrong but to me this will be a boring draw, just because it is on a Friday night.

That was my point in my first post I live only 30 min away but the guy I sit next to has to travel an hour on the train and then catch a bus to the ground what chance does he have of applauding his beloved Blues after the game he will be lucky if can stay to the end of the game before having to shoot off to get back home before midnight and at 74 years of age that won’t be fun

At least getting from Burnley to Liverpool on a Friday Night isn't completely ridiculous

So long as they announce the Friday games well in advance and keep them between localish sides so that people can appropriately plan around them then I'm okay with it in principle

The problem is that they don't always do that and they always leave it late to announce what game is going on a Friday

There needs to be some form of legislation that forces TV companies to announce these Friday matches sooner than they do. If it ends up being a match that people don't want to watch then tough, that's the gamble you take

More needs to be done to protect match going fans

I've missed almost half of the league home games this season. Can only see that getting worse with the Premier League going to end up like La Liga in a few years time having 10 separate kick off times over the weekend.

Meant I couldn’t come over and means I won’t see us again this season.

So it annoyed me too.

But ah well. As long as they spend that sweet sweet tv money on some boss step over merchant I can live with it.

Can anybody tell me why the Burnley match was changed to a Friday night kick off ?
Tv money ruling football again
Another end of season game ruined for fans,I wonder how many will stay behind to applaud the team or need to rush off to catch buses and trains.
how many fans like myself need to use a days holiday from work to attend the match
Supporters [Poor language removed] on again which is nothing new in football this day and age

Status
Not open for further replies.