• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 3 clubs now have more clean sheets than us. We’re still doing Zonal marking which most were convinced didn’t work but Silva has stuck to his beliefs and worked with the players to better understand his methods and it’s now bearing fruit.

The pass and move football we’ve been playing has been great to watch and despite us not having great goalscorers in the squad, he’s still playing an attacking pressing brand of football to go with the clean sheets.

It’s night and day compared to the utter dross that was served up last season.

Zouma has become an essential signing for me. He’s struck up a brilliant partnership with Keane and along with Digne, Coleman and Pickford behind them, we have a settled back four that all know each other’s games inside out and that would give us a solid base to push on next season.

Chelsea might not even be prepared to sell, and if they do, they’ll no doubt ask an inflated price above his market value.

Depending on what that price is, I wouldn’t be unhappy if we do overpay if it gets his signature.

There’s a limit obviously and Brands will no doubt have a figure in mind that he won’t go above, but I’d prefer to overpay to keep a player that is proven and used to our system, than bring in a cheaper alternative that may take time to adapt.

From what he started the season with and the poor form we endured until February, I would say we have exceeded the expectations many had here back in July.
Work in progress lads, still much to do.

The squad quality has improved, the team work has improved recently, but we will not break into top 6 next season without more improvement and additions.

The biggest plus is silva finaly changed something that was going to eventualy get him the sack. Soon as the keystone cops tactics at set pieces and corners went we look very different.
Def seen more man to man marking in the past 5 to 6 weeks.
I watched with interest in the chelsea game and i def saw closer marking on set pieces. But you might be right. It may have just been more hunger to attack the ball that made them seem closer to any runners.
Either way. As long as its not as comical as it was will do me.

Thats some imagination you have :)

I think, now that the season is reaching its conclusion, we can all look back and say that it’s been yet another massive disappointment.

League position - Not good enough
Cup performance- Nowhere near good enough

Will he be here next season? Yes. Purely on the basis that expectations at this club are very low and failure is treated as the norm, even in this new era of supposed ambition.

What’s the excuse for our inevitable failure next year? Surely we can’t ride on Koeman and Walsh for a third season?

I think, now that the season is reaching its conclusion, we can all look back and say that it’s been yet another massive disappointment.

Will he be here next season? Yes. Purely on the basis that expectations at this club are very low and failure is treated as the norm, even in this new era of supposed ambition.

What’s the excuse for our inevitable failure next year? Surely we can’t ride on Koeman and Walsh for a third season?

So are you saying the football on offer this season is not better than last year ?

Genuinely bewildered that all some people are focusing on is the finishing position, whilst ignoring the fact that we were turbo gash to watch for the past 2 seasons. We're actually starting to look like a football team again, that was always going to take time, and still will, but we're on the right track now.
For now.
I think it will be a time of constant progress reviews. League position and form up to the end of Oct and Dec.
League Cup progress, no first round cave ins, no 3rd rd FA Cup exits
Its a hard results driven existence out there Marco...keep your eye on the ball and take it one game at a time.
I want to be moaning about our 6th round fixture congestion with the league cup semi, all the while thanking the fates we swerved that thursday cup.

This season was a free hit.

Some great performances balanced with some woeful ones.

Does have echoes of Koemans 1st season, the big difference for me though is that we appear to be developing a way of playing that could reap rewards.

The club is still a mess with 20+ players on the books who are not up to standard.

None of the clubs we are trrying to compete with have this issue. Perhaps United have squad issues, but they operate on an entirely different budget currently.

The season has been very disappointing in general, but there was never a quick fix. Perhaps seeing slow improvements is positive, as both Royle and Martinez had huge boom/bust careers here.

So are you saying the football on offer this season is not better than last year ?

Nothing will be ever good enough for them mate.

What they want is to give each and every manager ( insert name from fantasy wish list ) a dozen games, after signing a load of superstars ( insert names from fantasy wish list ), then sack the manager unless we`re not competing with City at the top.

Rinse and repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.