2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We beat those teams because the chances DIDNT fall to our striker. We lost against newly promoted and already relegated side and a crap palace side because our only chances DID fall to our striker and we scored zero goals. That’s concerning is it not ?

Not really. Happens.

Thing is. And i have a lot of time for this lad. He doesnt look like he will ever be a natural finisher. Improve a bit but possibly not for what we actualy want.
Horrible thing to post as he's as genuine as they come. But would i bench him for a good finisher.
Yep.

I'm rather tall and played some football in my day. Im ready to give my 100% every game if Everton will have me. I probably won’t score any goals either as a striker, but I’ll put in the effort for 1/10 of the salary.

He's leading the line for Everton, massive pressure but it is what it is, he has to be slotting when the chances come along because opportunities to stake a claim don't come round very often.

Macca sums it up. Most of us like the lad, we can see what he brings and how he has improved his game, he works the back four, is decent in the air and for those playing off him in a Blue shirt they will each appreciate how he helps their game. But, he is playing Centre Forward for Everton FC and that means he can’t rely on his all round game and teamwork to guarantee a regular selection. He has to score more goals than he does if he is to remain leading our line. The pass back to their keeper today in the early minutes wasn’t a one off, it happens too regularly.....he isn’t clinical enough. If he can’t do the job, we will get someone else who can.

He's that good for his team mates he misses sitters so somebody else can score. On a serious note he completes the basics to a decent level and keeps the defenders busy. I do think he will remain toothless in front of goal though. He hasn't got great skill or vision either and his passing isn't the best. He's hard to judge.

We beat those teams because the chances DIDNT fall to our striker. We lost against newly promoted and already relegated side and a crap palace side because our only chances DID fall to our striker and we scored zero goals. That’s concerning is it not ?
It's more concerning to me that you can't move on from this, that's concerning is it not.

Macca sums it up. Most of us like the lad, we can see what he brings and how he has improved his game, he works the back four, is decent in the air and for those playing off him in a Blue shirt they will each appreciate how he helps their game. But, he is playing Centre Forward for Everton FC and that means he can’t rely on his all round game and teamwork to guarantee a regular selection. He has to score more goals than he does if he is to remain leading our line. The pass back to their keeper today in the early minutes wasn’t a one off, it happens too regularly.....he isn’t clinical enough. If he can’t do the job, we will get someone else who can.

Spot on mate. I think he'll be a bit disappointed as well with a couple of games in particular he should have scored ( Fulham and today ). Difference between us getting 1 point out of 6 and a possible 4 out of 6 and he'll know it.

Ain't gonna knock him because I think he's really raised his game, brought others into play and been a part of a side that has beaten Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea on the spin but he'll know he could and should have added to his tally

Spot on mate. I think he'll be a bit disappointed as well with a couple of games in particular he should have scored ( Fulham and today ). Difference between us getting 1 point out of 6 and a possible 4 out of 6 and he'll know it.

Ain't gonna knock him because I think he's really raised his game, brought others into play and been a part of a side that has beaten Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea on the spin but he'll know he could and should have added to his tally
Yes he should of slotted and he never but this is a lad who was playing CM four years ago I wonder if he would make it as a midfielder instead? He has the attributes in terms of strength and power as well as being good in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.