2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much would we have to pay some of those players to leave though. They are unlikely to be able to get the kind of wages we pay elsewhere so will want compensating for the wages they will lose and then their agents will want a cut to help smooth out any potential deal. The biggest worry has to be that the players who have a few years on their deals will sit tight and we won't be able to bring in their replacements until we offload the deadwood.
Is that right?

Thanks for not getting a striker in January.

Hopefully you get a couple in this summer and give this manager the tools to do the job.

Harsh. The best striker to move in January was Batshuayi and he couldn't even get on the pitch for Palace today.

Thanks for not getting a striker in January.

Hopefully you get a couple in this summer and give this manager the tools to do the job.
I agree... And a couple of proven, prolific strikers please...

We can't take a chance on a 50/50 striker that has 'potential', because if it doesn't pay-off, we'll be taking a step back, and waste another whole season wandering around mid-table.

Sell DCL and Davies please
Walcott, Tosun, DCL...we basically operate as a team with no striker other than hoping that sending Richarlison into the centre every now and again will suffice.

This feller needs to pull his finger out and get two very decent strikers in the summer.

The tool of a manager said he didnt want 1.

Not only that, he was sick of being asked about it.

But, when Koeman screams blue murder about needing a striker, and then about not getting one - @davek wouldn't give him an inch on that excuse that the club allowed Lukaku to leave without replacing him.

How poor we've been with bringing in a striker goes on long before Brands, back to the days when we even had Lukaku but no competition/support, you know the days when we were signing Enner Valencia?...

But sure, lets give Marcel Brands pelters. lol

I agree... And a couple of proven, prolific strikers please...

We can't take a chance on a 50/50 striker that has 'potential', because if it doesn't pay-off, we'll be taking a step back, and waste another whole season wandering around mid-table.
So not just 1 but 2 PROVEN strikers? Are you loaning moshiri the £200m that that would cost??:drunk:

Not only that, he was sick of being asked about it.

But, when Koeman screams blue murder about needing a striker, and then about not getting one - @davek wouldn't give him an inch on that excuse that the club allowed Lukaku to leave without replacing him.

How poor we've been with bringing in a striker goes on long before Brands, back to the days when we even had Lukaku but no competition/support, you know the days when we were signing Enner Valencia?...

But sure, lets give Marcel Brands pelters. lol
He'd already spent £150M that summer on tat and then he wanted to change his pop gun attack plans when the season started and we were firing blanks.

Not really the same as Silva being given £50M and told to transform the whole attack.

So not just 1 but 2 PROVEN strikers? Are you loaning moshiri the £200m that that would cost??:drunk:
Maybe I should rephrase that. When I say proven, I mean established and consistent in finding the net.
Of course we're not going to attract or afford a world class striker that will net 20+ goals a season. That's just silly.

Point is, I don't want us to take another gamble on a striker that is unproven in the EPL like Tosun.
And when I say 2, I mean one decent one, and another that's just below that can challenge DCL for a place on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.