Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be completely honest I really rated Fred at Shahktar (as I did a certain other little Brazillian) and I do perhaps think that making the 'jump' to United was probably a bit too soon for him in hindsight. Big fee and lots of expectation on a young player coming from a foreign league playing in an especially important position on the pitch. Still think he has potential personally - needs an arm around him and a better environment in general.

I'd welcome him at Everton, for what it's worth.
He's 26. He is not young. When should he have waited until before doing it? He's just crap.

We don't even have one alternative stat metric guy on the forum. We're being run like a yahoo news group, not a 2019 forum.
Good luck with that. Post a single stat on here and half the time the forum rips you for not getting laid. Or complains about how confusing basic tactics are and that it's too complicated. Data and science are two words not many here really embrace.

For everyone thinking that Morgan Schiederlin isn't THAT bad, he's on over 100K a week. Everton cannot be spending that kind of money on a medicore player. He's SOOOO easily replaced. Tousart is a good player and I do question his athleticism, but he's much stronger than Morgan, who is a bean pole. He's also a pretty good player, but wouldn't be my first choice in that position. But it seems like every team in France has a younger and better defensive midfielder than Morgan Schneiderlin. Ndombele / Tousart, Mendes, Sangare, Otavio, etc.

Been linked to Luka Jovic, no chance but how would he fit in? Only seen him play once and was pretty handy

Where have we been linked?

With respect Zat, it's clear that indeed you haven't watched enough of him.

Your recommendation for us to sign him is based entirely on theory rather than practice.

- In theory he should be good signing because Utd bought him for fifty odd million a year a go
- In theory he should be good signing because he's played for Brazil
- In theory he should be good signing because he has played in the Champions League
- In theory he should be good signing because he has resale value
- In theory he should be good signing because he fits the mould of Brands looking to purchase fringe players from the teams above us

Theory is all well and good.

In practice, having watched a lot of Utd because they're always on Sky or BT, he isn't very good. Gary Neville actually did a decent little analysis of him last night:

- He skips into challenges
- He cheats positionally
- He doesn't read the game
- He isn't sharp enough with the ball
- He hasn't got legs in the recovery

You might like him, and good on you if you do. We all have players we want to be good and often the theory of them corroborates our view that they would be a good addition. But watching Fred as I would recommend you do would confirm that he isn't cut out for a team who isn't that much better than us on current standing.

That doesn't make him a bad player or mean he shouldn't have played in the CL.It just means on current evidence he isn't cut out for the PL.

Ive not once said hes shown hes good enough for the league.

Ive stated (as you posted) that theoretically he could be a target.

As for him not cutting it there are enormous mitigating factors which ive already mentioned.

And additionally, of course I have watched him, Ive got no idea why youre attempting to run that narrative...its quite comical.

For everyone thinking that Morgan Schiederlin isn't THAT bad, he's on over 100K a week. Everton cannot be spending that kind of money on a medicore player. He's SOOOO easily replaced. Tousart is a good player and I do question his athleticism, but he's much stronger than Morgan, who is a bean pole. He's also a pretty good player, but wouldn't be my first choice in that position. But it seems like every team in France has a younger and better defensive midfielder than Morgan Schneiderlin. Ndombele / Tousart, Mendes, Sangare, Otavio, etc.
And for everyone thinking that Morgan Schneiderlin is SOOOO easily replaced, remember that he's on £100k a week and it seems like every team in France has a younger and better defensive midfielder than Morgan Schneiderlin, who won't be getting paid £100k a week and will therefore be well above Morgan Schneiderlin on everybody's wishlist, meaning it will be very difficult to replace Morgan Schneiderlin because if we're paying him £100k a week we need to make use of Morgan Schneiderlin and nobody will take him off us because there is an infinite supply of better options available in his position.

Is it a stretch to say the player who's been crap is crap? Personally I think their are cheaper and higher potential players all over the place that would be better.

There may well be.

To be completely honest I really rated Fred at Shahktar (as I did a certain other little Brazillian) and I do perhaps think that making the 'jump' to United was probably a bit too soon for him in hindsight. Big fee and lots of expectation on a young player coming from a foreign league playing in an especially important position on the pitch. Still think he has potential personally - needs an arm around him and a better environment in general.

I'd welcome him at Everton, for what it's worth.

Moi aussi

Certainly has came in on a few occasions and done a job but 100k a week on a player who'll be 30 next season is took much. Agree that he'll be easily replaced and wouldn't be surprised to see us get around 10-12 mil for him. I think Sangare ticks a lot of the boxes that we're looking for, knows how to tackle but is a far better ball carrier and passer than Schneiderlin is.

And for everyone thinking that Morgan Schneiderlin is SOOOO easily replaced, remember that he's on £100k a week and it seems like every team in France has a younger and better defensive midfielder than Morgan Schneiderlin, who won't be getting paid £100k a week and will therefore be well above Morgan Schneiderlin on everybody's wishlist, meaning it will be very difficult to replace Morgan Schneiderlin because if we're paying him £100k a week we need to make use of Morgan Schneiderlin and nobody will take him off us because there is an infinite supply of better options available in his position.
Fair points. I'm trusting, okay, hoping that he'll take a pay cut. He's got 2 years left on his deal.

Certainly has came in on a few occasions and done a job but 100k a week on a player who'll be 30 next season is took much. Agree that he'll be easily replaced and wouldn't be surprised to see us get around 10-12 mil for him. I think Sangare ticks a lot of the boxes that we're looking for, knows how to tackle but is a far better ball carrier and passer than Schneiderlin is.
He's better in every way. Morgan is a good passer, though. Sangare is a bit inconsistent in how he supports the attack, but he's a classic big, young player that is still developing.

Barça and Real Madrid feel used by Jovic as striker eyes PSG or Bayern move

https://www.sport-english.com/en/ne...ic-as-striker-eyes-psg-or-bayern-move-7423506

We will not be signing Luka Jovic.
He's better in every way. Morgan is a good passer, though. Sangare is a bit inconsistent in how he supports the attack, but he's a classic big, young player that is still developing.

Ive quoted in a peculiar way :eek:

Luca Jovic -- article says no one is paying €80mil for him (£70mil) I wonder if we coughed up a big fee but a reasonable salary would he join

Sangare would be my second signing after Zouma.

I’m not so sure, look at Lyon who could potentially lose Ndombele, Aouar and Fekir
And bring in 150mil. They may feel they need a bit of experience. Ok they wouldn’t pay him a 100k a week but if they paid 70 and we made up the short fall of 30k for yhe remainder of his contract, I’m just guessing how it could work I haven’t a clue really

But all these team who pay huge wages and won’t rid are in the same boat , surely clubs and agents work around it. Who’s going to pay Sanchez 500k a week or lukaku 250 a week. Or Ozil on 350k a week. Madrid in the same boat with Bale. I know that’s a bit different us trying to get rid of Bolasie & Schneiderlin lol, but you get my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.