Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He may have revolutionized the game in terms of his 18 zone viewpoint, but you are way off on the other thoughts. The funniest part is that Pep openly admits what an influence Cryuff was on him, which is why his pressing is very much influenced by the Dutch teams of the 70s.

You make it sound like the False 9 is an uncommon tactic.

Inverted full backs? Definitely nothing new there, either.
The Dutch influences for pep was for his tiki taka tactics as the Dutch were obsessed with passing triangles and that’s what the basis of the tiki taka is.

And the false 9 wasn’t uncommon it was downright not used unless there were injuries. Took 20 years to see it again after Uruguay and Austria used it for a total of 2 games in the 30s until Hungary used it in the 50s then 60 years until Pep used it.

Inverted full backs I have no idea who used but this conversation was started off the fact that the modern game is too complicated with positions like the false 9 and inverted full backs and I said thank Pep to which I was told pep doesn’t use.

I say Pep and Klopp made the modern game cause their models are copied (or at least attempted) all around the world. If parking the bus would have worked and been the world model then José would have been included but it doesn’t so he isn’t.

And the false 9 wasn’t uncommon it was downright not used unless there were injuries. Took 20 years to see it again after Uruguay and Austria used it for a total of 2 games in the 30s until Hungary used it in the 50s then 60 years until Pep used it.

Whoa. Are you seriously suggesting that no one used the false nine from the time it was employed by Hungary in the 50s to when Barcelona used it with Pep?

Status
Not open for further replies.