Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jagielka. Coleman came from the league of Ireland. Dcl from Sheffield United.
There are good players in every league.
Dismissing a whole league is ridiculous.
Different times though, players we signed form the championship under moyes where relatively cheap punts, now you're looking at quadruple the price for them types of players, better value in Europe

I'm not really sure how to debate the point regarding "did they buy him". If Villa ask for 40m then why would Spurs buy him, even if they could? Given they're record signing is around that price (Davinson Sanchez). They don't spend that kind of money regularly and certainly wouldn't have in one summer.

I've seen a fair bit of Grealish and to say he's very average is an exaggeration. there's bits that are raw, of course, but his goal vs Rotherham had everything.

He's also very good at dropping in and driving through the lines which we absolutely need.
so we should instead? Not for that money, nowhere near worth it

There is always going to have someone, who would win the lottery first prize. That’s the probability. How likely it would happen.

As you suggested there, there were a couple of players there who came from lower leagues and made contribution to top sides instantly. About 3 out of hundreds of players in about 15 years.

I would not pretend Leicester and Bournemouth are top sides though.
We also mentioned Walcott, Ramsey, Cahill, jagielka, Ali and Gomes...
There is 6 of the top of my head. You said none . So your are wrong. Thanks for the contribution.

Ill have a look at the accounts later mate, as i am speaking generally and not at specific figures in this years accounts, but amortization from a book keeping point of view is annual and wont be total. i.e. Morgan will show an approx 5mill amortisation/cost figure in the annual accounts every year until the end of his contract until the liability is satisfied or he is sold.

The lad who pulled me up earlier is correct to a degree and i wasnt really speaking literally, different deals are structured differently it depends on the agreement, some are made installments over a shorter period for example three years, others annually over the course of the contract etc etc. But in accounting terms it is amortized annually in the club accounts annually. Like my Morgan example, we could conceivably practically payed in off at the end of the year (i dont really know as that information isnt public), but his amortization will show up at 5 mill in the club accounts every year he is here, but only 5 million not the net cost all at once.

Well, it depends on the amortization convention of course. Certainly it's straight line over the life of the underlying contract - and if that contract is extended, it could be extended even further I believe, but it depends on how it starts - 1/2 year, monthly, etc.

Regardless, it appears we have paid most of our fees for the past year up front to the tune of $100M. My guess is that "trade debtors" is not as much about deferred transfer payments, but the accounting terminology is different in the UK than it is in the states. I also haven't done much commercial accounting recently, so I'm a bit out of practice.

So in summary, it appears that we've mostly paid our fees up front and have minimal liabilities on our transfer dealings. Thus, we likely don't owe much to Swans or anyone else, so we shouldn't have cash flow issues in the future. That's a very good thing. I personally haven't crunched through the statements to determine how much cash we'd have for transfer dealings this year, but obviously, we all know that our salary bill is super high and needs to come down.

We also mentioned Walcott, Ramsey, Cahill, jagielka, Ali and Gomes...
There is 6 of the top of my head. You said none . So your are wrong. Thanks for the contribution.

Walcott, Ramsey were signed as investment. See my earlier posts they played 9 and 16 games 0 goals in their first seasons. Gomez was signed as youth player?

Cahill yes I agree that was in 2004.

Jags was playing in PL.

Ali I agree I let you have that.

I think you are right on Ali but the rest you mentioned were not signed in recent seasons they were ages ago.

We can’t just pretend there is a lot of Ali out there.

Last edited:

I think the shout of saying a Championship player could be another Ali is just like saying any of the academy kid is the next Rooney. The reality is the probability of such is so low.

Last edited:
I think the shout of saying a Championship player who could be another Ali is just like saying any of the academy kid is the next Rooney. The reality is the probability of such is so low.
digging.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.