2018/19 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought after the derby, he was unlucky to lose his place. He'll get a couple more matches now, at least can put himself in the shop window. When he plays well, he is great though. Just a shame he can't play well enough.

He did well today, but not someone we can rely on when the chips are down.

He has proven himself not good enough over an extended period, and I doubt that will change.

Would be good for him to play out the rest of the season and get a move at a fee that would allow us recoup a decent portion of what we paid.

Moving him and others on is very much part of the necessary rebuilding work we desperately need.

Silva said he's a big fan of Morgan and getting his confidence back was one of his biggest challenges in his career.

I think if he gets that back and is happy to be a rotation option, he may stay.

He did well today, but not someone we can rely on when the chips are down.

He has proven himself not good enough over an extended period, and I doubt that will change.

Would be good for him to play out the rest of the season and get a move at a fee that would allow us recoup a decent portion of what we paid.

Moving him and others on is very much part of the necessary rebuilding work we desperately need.

He is better than Davies and McCarthy though.

We all love Gomes, but if you read the stick Barca fans gave him it could be us talking about Schneiderlin.

Reality is no matter what a player earns or how good they are if their confidence gets knocked at the wrong time it can be hard for them to recover. I hope he’s now over the worst of it and will recover some of the form he showed when he first came to us (I say that as someone who hated his name on the team sheet as much as the next person).

We need depth and cover if we’re hoping to play in Europe or compete with the top six. If he recovers his form then he’s a good player to have as back up.

Gomes is going to have to use all his looks and charm to get back into the team ahead of Schneids.

Actually, it shouldn't be too difficult.

He makes too much to be a backup. We can do a lot better. We do need a true 6, but he ain’t it IMO. Never hated him, but he’s just not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.