2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re right , I’m just annoyed we haven’t had highlights including our best throw ins and goal kicks
That's because we haven't got Rory Delap or Ederson mate so we would never be able to do it or it would be deemed cringey or embarrassing.

Add to that the highlight video for our throw ins would be an hour long for 3 throw ins which just wouldn't be practical.

Yeah having a highlights video for a performance in which we have absolutely dominated Arsenal given our recent record against the top 6 is absolutely embarrassing if you ask me. God forbid we even tweet that we've won a game, so small time doing anything media related when we arent the best team in the world like.
Fans complain the club doesn’t connect with the fans and when they try to......

Bernard did not have the start he hoped for in English football, but he did not even need a full season to reverse the situation and to thank the club as well as the Everton fans. After more than 30 games, the Brazilian is constantly praised by Marco Silva, the team's coach, and even has his own song sung in the stands at Goodison Park.

"Bernard arrived here without a pre-season, right? I was stopped for more than five months because of a shoulder injury. Like any player, even if I had made the preseason, I would need some time to adapt to the Premier League. And this is what happened. Little by little I was adapting myself, understanding how English football works ... I had notion of this, I knew I needed time. In the beginning, things did not happen as I expected, but I kept working. I know of my potential, of what I can. I have been improving, not only my productivity, but the whole team as well, "he said in an exclusive interview with Yahoo Sports .

Bernard needed only four games coming off the bench to convince the Portuguese coach and win his place in the starting lineup. Since then, there have been 28 games, 23 of them being 11. For him, the big difference was the intensity in which matches are played in English football.

"I've been playing for five years in Ukraine and the intensity of the games is totally different. The only games that had a different intensity were the classics against Dynamo Kiev and the Champions League matches. There is an absurd difference, (here) is the most disputed championship in the world, where all players want to be, "he added.

A good example of the competitiveness cited by the Brazilian happened in Everton's last game. Even though they were down for a few rounds, Fulham did not stop the visitors: it overturned the Bernard, Richarlison and Sigurdsson attack, and with the ball on the ground, it was a 2-0 win.

"We know that all games here are complicated, be it in or out of the house. This (this competitiveness) rekindles a flame, catches the attention of the players. From the moment I chose to come to Everton, I knew there would be that. Every game has a different belly cold ... That's football. That's what motivates us. Every game is a story. The player needs this to move on. When you lose that, it's time to stop, "said Bernard.

WITH MORAL

Despite qualifying Bernard as "fantastic", mainly because of his "knowledge of the tactics and defensive commitment", Marco Silva also expects more of the Brazilian: besides goals, he wants the attacker to learn as soon as possible to speak English - fundamental for a total adaptation. And the athlete himself knows this.

"England for me is one of the best countries to live in. All things work well. I was already doing English classes in Ukraine, I arrived with basic English, a little prepared. Now, I'm increasing my vocabulary and improving every day. It is very important to get here, to communicate, to know what people are asking for, not only on and off the field, too. "

Bermard scored twice with Everton's shirt, the first against modest Lincoln City for the FA Cup, and the last against West Ham, their first Premier League goal. However, their biggest highlight came in the win against Arsenal at Goodison Park. Despite not rocking the net, he was responsible for leading the team's attack in a 1-0 victory, being voted the best athlete on the field.

Its great performance, even, made the fans create a special version of the classic of the band Joy Division. Because of the speed and fast dribbling, characteristics known since the times of Atletico-MG, fans are proud to sing "Bernard will tear you apart again", ie "Bernard will te 'tear' you again", in free translation .

"Very happy. I was a bit surprised when they made the song for me. Against Arsenal, they sang to all lungs. It motivates me to keep improving, to do my best to try to bring that happiness to them. "

To get an idea, the song is the same as it was sung by Manchester United fans to Ryan Giggs, one of the greatest idols in the club's history. "Responsibility gets even bigger, we know what Giggs was for United, what he did, his story ... I'm happy for that," he said.

Ninth place in the English Premier League, Everton returns to the field next Sunday (21). The team led by Marco Silva will face Manchester United at Goodison Park in Liverpool. A good opportunity to show rival fans that he deserves the corner that was marked by the Red Devils idol.

https://esportes.yahoo.com/noticias...9I1vD2JdTCS_5I-wFMFTYn_yusgNh4O96hrn7VntmIXc3

Status
Not open for further replies.