Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...because DCL isn’t the complete package, we know his failings and we need to fill that void. Jesus might be fine in an Everton side alongside DCL (Lineker with Sharp, Gray with Sharp, Heath with Sharp, Cottee with Sharp) but i’m not sure that would fit the Silva team model.

With Jesus, I fear anything played from back to front would come straight back.
I don't think we will be playing two strikers and I share your other concern. And even if we progress to a place that doesn't need a hold the ball up striker I still don't think Jesus does enough in the build up.

Ziyech is not leaving a CL club to come here.
Ordinarily you'd be right but Ajax are probably paying him less than half of what we would and no one is stupid enough to think that team can do it again next year once at a minimum de Jong and de Ligt are gone. The Prem has to be more appealing.

Now he's only coming here if no other clubs want him and as someone said Bayern makes a lot of sense given Robben is leaving.

That Martin Terrier we were supposed to be close to signing a couple years back has been bang in form for Lyon recently, got another there. Aouar comfortably the best player on the pitch tho, going to be some player him.

Last edited:
Ordinarily you'd be right but Ajax are probably paying him less than half of what we would and no one is stupid enough to think that team can do it again next year once at a minimum de Jong and de Ligt are gone. The Prem has to be more appealing.

Now he's only coming here if no other clubs want him and as someone said Bayern makes a lot of sense given Robben is leaving.

Ajax wage bill is roughly a 3rd of what ours is.

In case you care, im sure you dont.

....that type of striker are fine in established teams who camp out and create in opponents half. I doubt we’re at that stage and I fear he’d be isolated in many games playing for us.

I imagine we are looking to somebody with the physicality to compete and run the channels away from home as well as being a goal threat.
Totally agree Eggs - I think we would be happy with a DCL type of player who could finish

That Martin Terrier we were supposed to be close to signing a couple years back has been bang in form for Lyon recently, got another there. Aouar comfortably the best player on the pitch tho, going to be some player him.
I'm going to watch it later, but how did Kenny Tete do?

Status
Not open for further replies.