Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's utterly useless, Scores goals which are put on a plate by him from players like De Bruyne + Sterling. Plus he's got an even more slappable face than Richsnarlison.
My stance on Jesus is that his uselessness was a big hindrance to Brazil winning the World Cup and that Iheanacho would be on the same number of goals at City if they played equal minutes. So yes I do not want him.

My stance on Jesus is that his uselessness was a big hindrance to Brazil winning the World Cup and that Iheanacho would be on the same number of goals at City if they played equal minutes. So yes I do not want him.

Proper weird that Nacho fella, looked a player and hes stinking it out at Leicester, I remember the fume when they bought him for a "bargain" 25m when 25m was still biggish money.

....that type of striker are fine in established teams who camp out and create in opponents half. I doubt we’re at that stage and I fear he’d be isolated in many games playing for us.

I imagine we are looking to somebody with the physicality to compete and run the channels away from home as well as being a goal threat.

The question would be, I suppose if we were to sign that striker why are we buying a replica of DCL?

I think we should be all over Jesus if he's available (and fits the profile of what was discussed earlier re big 6 clubs).

Proper weird that Nacho fella, looked a player and hes stinking it out at Leicester, I remember the fume when they bought him for a "bargain" 25m when 25m was still biggish money.
I feel Jesus will go the same way. Both are more or less pure in the box finishers who don't do much in terms of getting shots away on their own so as long as they are surrounded by City's level of creators they do well and when it ends they don't.

Iheanacho's a great example. Scored a few for City and everyone wanted him. Went to Leicester and don't think he's score a prem goal this season.

He's possibly the most one footed player I've seen at this level. I think that goes a long way to explain it. He has pace, but if a defender puts him onto his right foot he literally has nothing.

Been watching the Dijon Rennes match. Looking forward to seeing Ismailia Sarr for the first time in a bit. Subbed out in the 71st minute he was completely ineffective on the right.

Funny enough, Niang was fantastic and scored a wonderful overhead goal.

He's possibly the most one footed player I've seen at this level. I think that goes a long way to explain it. He has pace, but if a defender puts him onto his right foot he literally has nothing.
See Robben, Arjen. Went full 90s without taking a right footed touch and still was a top player.
See also Quaresma, Ricardo.

It is one of the things that drives me nuts though. You’re a flipping professional. Learn how to use your second foot.

He had 14 goals to lead Ajax last year to go with 11 assists. As a 21 year old.

Keep in mind, Tadic has scored 5 from the spot, so he's only got 8 from open play.

And if Van de Beek played such a defensive role you'd think he'd have a few more interceptions and tackles. De Jong plays the 6 role and does those things. Heck, Ziyech has more tackles per game than Van de Beek. Van de Beek is not a defensive mid. Good player, though.
Tadic has 22g/11a total domestically this season but he’s not the focus. Cut Neres numbers in half and that would be how he’d do in the prem and he didn’t seem to fair well against a physical Juve

The question would be, I suppose if we were to sign that striker why are we buying a replica of DCL?

I think we should be all over Jesus if he's available (and fits the profile of what was discussed earlier re big 6 clubs).

...because DCL isn’t the complete package, we know his failings and we need to fill that void. Jesus might be fine in an Everton side alongside DCL (Lineker with Sharp, Gray with Sharp, Heath with Sharp, Cottee with Sharp) but i’m not sure that would fit the Silva team model.

With Jesus, I fear anything played from back to front would come straight back.

Status
Not open for further replies.