Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernard has been our best creator statistically, but I do agree. Neither has produced THAT much. Richy has scored, he's only 21, and his aerial ability has been a godsend tactically at times. I still think he can get a LOT better as a player.

It would be nice to have a true right sided player as a threat to cut inside to score, though. Neres is definitely that. Lookman is a leftside player IMO. Richy isn't as much of a goal scoring threat from the right IMO and Coleman behind him doesn't provide the best support defensively or delivery.

But at least these guys are good PL players. We have a long ways to go to build this squad and we have massive holes in other places.
Tbf Neres is not much of a goal scorer. Yes he’s scored in the CL but his league stats compared to the others in his team/league are poor. If Klaasen is anything to go on Neres has worse production than he did and as a winger. Neres is 2g/2a in CL and 8g/8a domestically compared to Van de Beek a CM (who domestically plays more of a defensive role than in the CL) has 2g/2a in the CL and 8g/9a domestically

Even the commentators at the end of the Juve game were able to clearly see he was the biggest liability on the field with his poor decision making and holding onto the ball too long.

So as for Neres the goal scorer... he is not. He seems to be more in the mould of Bernard with less passing ability.

If City sign a striker...i hope we put in a bid for Gabriel Jesus.
Pretty sure stat bomb (could be someone else) posted a visual of his shot attempts compared to shots on target compared to goals and it was horrendous. He’d go games without having a shot on target let alone a goal

Pretty sure stat bomb (could be someone else) posted a visual of his shot attempts compared to shots on target compared to goals and it was horrendous. He’d go games without having a shot on target let alone a goal

Well i just go off my eyes and the boy looks massively technical, amazing movement and seems lethal to me.

Hes got close to a record of 1 every 2 games. Only 22 years old as well...same as DCL.

....that type of striker are fine in established teams who camp out and create in opponents half. I doubt we’re at that stage and I fear he’d be isolated in many games playing for us.

I imagine we are looking to somebody with the physicality to compete and run the channels away from home as well as being a goal threat.

Tbf Neres is not much of a goal scorer. Yes he’s scored in the CL but his league stats compared to the others in his team/league are poor. If Klaasen is anything to go on Neres has worse production than he did and as a winger. Neres is 2g/2a in CL and 8g/8a domestically compared to Van de Beek a CM (who domestically plays more of a defensive role than in the CL) has 2g/2a in the CL and 8g/9a domestically

Even the commentators at the end of the Juve game were able to clearly see he was the biggest liability on the field with his poor decision making and holding onto the ball too long.

So as for Neres the goal scorer... he is not. He seems to be more in the mould of Bernard with less passing ability.

He had 14 goals to lead Ajax last year to go with 11 assists. As a 21 year old.

Keep in mind, Tadic has scored 5 from the spot, so he's only got 8 from open play.

And if Van de Beek played such a defensive role you'd think he'd have a few more interceptions and tackles. De Jong plays the 6 role and does those things. Heck, Ziyech has more tackles per game than Van de Beek. Van de Beek is not a defensive mid. Good player, though.

I think i agree with the premise which is that if he converts more chances he will be a superstar.

Also wonder if Higuain on loan if he doesnt stay at Chelsea may be interesting...
Zat suggestions of higuain made me throw up in my mouth a bit. More of traffic cone than Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.