2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....sounds like Mo Farah.

Have you not noticed he’s very good aerially? Have you not noticed he’s powerful enough to worry the best centre backs? He’s ok with his back to goal but that is an area of his game I guarantee will improve. I also guarantee he’ll become even more of a threat in the air.

I’m old and I wouldn’t put DCL in the worst group of strikers we’ve had. I’ve seen some whoppers but I think this lad is ok. He’s currently the best we’ve got, so not sure where that leaves Tosun and Niasse on your ratings.

Niasse is dreadful like. Tosun is much better than him. Just hasn't worked out here.

Good in the air? Really? i can remember 2 goals with his head. Can't say i've ever seen the 'best' centre backs worried by him.

He's 22 for christ sake. At 22 he should be able to hold the ball up.

Niasse is dreadful like. Tosun is much better than him. Just hasn't worked out here.

Good in the air? Really? i can remember 2 goals with his head. Can't say i've ever seen the 'best' centre backs worried by him.

"Holding the ball up"..... relies on 70% physicality the rest control and know how..... so why would you put an age on "Holding the ball up" - in fact name me all the strikers who at 21/22 could hold up the ball better than DCL?

He literally growing in front of our eyes, packed on a good 4kg of muscle in the past year which is about right for his age. Talking nonsense. His hold up play is very good and will get better.

For the record he's scored more headed goals than than with his feet. 6 vs 5.....

....he got MoM in one of the recent TV games (Arsenal or Chelsea) for worrying the CBs from the first minute. VvD was terrific in the Goodison Derby but he certainly knew he’d been in a battle with DCL. Richarlison’s goal v Chelsea came from DCL winning a header from a corner and he scored a terrific header away recently.

He can hold the ball up, it’s his link play that will definitely improve with time. He is capable of some really nice touches but he is inconsistent in that department.

We need a top striker, but this lad will be a valuable asset in years to come I have no doubt about that. I don’t think he’s far off a full England call up, and i’m sure if Everton don’t want him there will be plenty of Premiership clubs who do.

Amazed you think he’s one of the worst you’ve seen. He’s the best the club currently have.

Last edited:
Dom is doing fine and progressing, his finishing isn't the best but his all round game is good and I don't think the pressure should be on him to be our first team number 9. Its not his fault we literally have nobody else of the required level to play up front is it?

....he got MoM in one of the recent TV games (Arsenal or Chelsea) for worrying the CBs from the first minute. VvD was terrific in the Goodison Derby but he certainly knew he’d been in a battle with DCL. Richarlison’s goal v Chelsea came from DCL winning a header from a corner and he scored a terrific header away recently.

He can hold the ball up, it’s his link play that will definitely improve with time. He is capable of some really nice touches but he is inconsistent in that department.

We need a top striker, but this lad will be a valuable asset in years to come I have no doubt about that. I don’t think he’s far off a full England call up, and i’m sure if Everton don’t want him there will be plenty of Premiership clubs who do.

Amazed you think he’s one of the worst you’ve seen. He’s the best the club currently have.

Honestly... our club used to have some of the most knowledgeable fans. I'm not sure what's happened but let's just say we haven't won anything in the time of the internet so I'm sure in 1985 or 87 I may have stumbled across fans going berserk cos Paul Power or Alan Harper were in the squad.....

Graeme Sharp was a slower developer than DCL - similar attributes but DCL is a modern day athlete with pace added to all the stuff Sharpe had.

So that brings me to bad strikers....

Mikel Madar, John Spencer, Mo Johnson, Brett Angel, Stuart Barlow, Nick Chadwick, Michael Branch, Danny Cadamarteri, Jo..... some seriously poor players there.

DCL will be a very solid player and will have a very good career.

Honestly... our club used to have some of the most knowledgeable fans. I'm not sure what's happened but let's just say we haven't won anything in the time of the internet so I'm sure in 1985 or 87 I may have stumbled across fans going berserk cos Paul Power or Alan Harper were in the squad.....

Graeme Sharp was a slower developer than DCL - similar attributes but DCL is a modern day athlete with pace added to all the stuff Sharpe had.

Mikel Madar, John Spencer, Mo Johnson, Brett Angel, Stuart Barlow, Nick Chadwick, Michael Branch, Danny Cadamarteri, Jo..... some seriously poor players there.

Ian Wright and Alan Shearer have made approving comments in the last few weeks. Folk can argue the toss all day long about them as pundits, but they both know a developing centre forward when they see one.

....I think so, too. He’s got all the ammunition to be very effective, he’s also got a shot like a mule but we’re not seeing that dimension in his game yet. Sharp was the best back to goal player i’ve seen. I spoke to a defender who marked him once and said he never saw the ball once it was played into Sharp. Lineker, Gray, Heath and Cottee fed off him.

I could add plenty to the bad ones we’ve seen but also find it startling that somebody who watches this team puts DCL amongst them. I think he’ll change his mind with time.

Madar, Spencer, Johnson, Jo all easily better than him.

I pretty certain some of our fan base are blind

Madar, Spencer, Johnson, Jo all easily better than him.

I pretty certain some of our fan base are blind

How many goals did Spencer score??? 0.... zero. Jo??? Madar Johnson all better than him???? Have a word. You didn't think he could use his head and he's scored more with his head than both feet together....

I know, can you believe Some of them claim gash like bambi Lewin is better than lukaku, one of the best we've had in decades

:coffee:

How many goals did Spencer score??? 0.... zero. Jo??? Madar Johnson all better than him???? Have a word. You didn't think he could use his head and he's scored more with his head than both feet together....

Jo scored 5 goals for Brazil. Whilst playing for the biggest clubs in Brazil. Madar scored for France... whilst playing for PSG, Monaco and a fantastic Deportivo side.

DCL is a 1 in 7 striker for Everton... a 1 in 4 for Northampton and a 1 in 1 for Staylibridge Celtic.

Seems to be a theme there...

Spencer scored 36 prem goals for Chelsea.. Johnston 10 in 34 games for Everton. Do the [Poor language removed] maths

Never seen Rom miss any sitters to be fair. I'm pretty sure he was like Billys boots from any distance.

Rom was scoring around 20 a season mate and was in the running for the golden boot, hardly the same was it? Scored for us against arse, RS, Spurs, city, Chelsea as used to score against the lesser team to.

Status
Not open for further replies.