• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d say I’m in the majority, and yes, I’d also say the match going fans are better Evertonians. After all, that’s why we skit Liverpool fans who never go to Anfield. The club also ran a slogan to that effect ‘We go the game’.

Some mitigating circumstances do apply, mostly financial, obviously.
behave lad

I’d say I’m in the majority, and yes, I’d also say the match going fans are better Evertonians. After all, that’s why we skit Liverpool fans who never go to Anfield. The club also ran a slogan to that effect ‘We go the game’.

When you say 'better', what do you mean?

More insightful? Unlikely. If you can get a stream you're far more likely to see a better view of the pitch, incidents, tactics. You get replays, infographics of stats. On the game you get real-time. That's it.

If you mean more dedicated, there's a 10,000 fan waiting list if the club are to be believed. Financial circumstances change for people all the time. A match going fan last season may not be able to afford one this year. May never again. Are you saying you're better because you are lucky enough to be able to afford to go currently?

It's a shame when good posters like yourself say such ill-thought things.

Calm down folks. We are all (or most of us) behind the Blues and want to see things improve. No point slagging others off even if their cockeyed opinion rattles you. I sound like a saint which I am not.

So if your work moves you to the other side of the world are you suddenly less of an Evertonian?

(rhetorical - please don't bother to answer)

There's no such thing as a supporter power level mate. There never has been.

Regardless of how much anyone wants there to be one. You're no more of a supporter than someone who doesn't attend Goodison Park. This club is for everyone, your elitism isn't part of the club's identity.
The club seem to deem it fine to use it as a slogan to say ‘we go the game’, why is that? It’s because they know Evertonians say that Liverpool fans don’t.

I don’t know where you’re from, but if you’re from the city, and went to school in the city, you’d likely have been in a minority of 3 or 4 Evertonians in the classroom. It’s likely all of them Evertonians would’ve went the match, meanwhile it’d be very rare for one of the Liverpool supporting kids to have gone. That’s what we would use to hit back at their taunts of us being crap. They’d never be there to see them be good anyway.

If someone has the financial means to go to the game and doesn’t go, how could anyone possibly think they’re on the same level as someone who has just forked out between £480-£750+ on a season ticket, or someone who pays £40+ every other week?

It’s easy enough to shut down a laptop screen and say ‘that was rubbish’. It inconvenienced the day for 90 minutes, it’s a bit different when you’re in the stands.

this thread just depresses me reading blues having ago at other blues.

wont be participating in this anymore, im sure that will be pleasing to lots of you.

this thread just depresses me reading blues having ago at other blues.

wont be participating in this anymore, im sure that will be pleasing to lots of you.
carrot.gif
broccoli.gif
elephant.gif
cheer.gif
veryhappy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.