2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally lost me here, Gomes had the ball multiple times in the centre and neither Gana or the anonymous Sigurdsson even showed for him.

Who is he supposed to make chances for exactly with Sigurdsson in front of him?

Gueye was poor but at least he was trying something. Barely noticed Gomes was on the pitch, completely outclassed by a midfield from a relegated team.

Totally lost me here, Gomes had the ball multiple times in the centre and neither Gana or the anonymous Sigurdsson even showed for him.

Who is he supposed to make chances for exactly with Sigurdsson in front of him?
Dude, he NEVER creates chances. This isn't yesterday. He's averaged .35 chances in open play per 90 minutes. Yerry Mina averages more. DCL does. Gana TWICE as many. Gana also leads the team in forward passes per 90 by quite a bit, but you aren't going to hear anyone say that. He simply doesn't create many dangerous opportunities for his teammates. He's averaging like 1 key pass every 5 games. These are subjective measures, but man, that's not good enough.

Made my decision on gomes now. Dosnt impose himself on games,. Seems to lack the physical fitness required for this league,. Too slow. I'd let him go back. We need fast physical players to compete with the top 6. Zouma seems to have one good game one bad not consistent enough. The list could go on......

Dude, he NEVER creates chances. This isn't yesterday. He's averaged .35 chances in open play per 90 minutes. Yerry Mina averages more. DCL does. Gana TWICE as many. Gana also leads the team in forward passes per 90 by quite a bit, but you aren't going to hear anyone say that. He simply doesn't create many dangerous opportunities for his teammates. He's averaging like 1 key pass every 5 games. These are subjective measures, but man, that's not good enough.
Gomes is a player who keeps the ball ticking over in the middle, like Dembele used to do for Tottenham. He's never going to be popular with stats fans, but we'll miss him if we go back to filling midfield with players that can't receive the ball under pressure.

Paul Bracewell and Peter Reid would not have stood a chance in your eyes

Seems Gomes is only capable of stringing 2-3 good games together every 2-3 months.

Swerve at £30m+
And think very hard at £25M, very hard indeed, hes been marginalized by Barca for not being up to it in his mental attitude were it counts at the top level
The Arsenal MF was poor to none existent, they were in full - we dont like it up us north of Watford mode.. Gomes was able to stroll around looking suave and cool.
It isnt, nor should it be...but it might be true you can get away with 3 poor games out of 10
You deffo can't put out 3 good games out of 10.
Edit; And none of this £120k for 5yrs rubbish either

He’s a very good player but you have to have the right players around him.

We set up a team to accommodate the Icelandic fraud though so until we put two in as a 3 we won’t see him constantly great

He’s a very good player but you have to have the right players around him.

We set up a team to accommodate the Icelandic fraud though so until we put two in as a 3 we won’t see him constantly great

I wouldn't be a fan of the all or nothing approach on Gylfi or a 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1. I would be an advocate of having a squad that can do both. Gylfi has scored a lot of goals this season and enabled the system in many ways. Hes been a +. What i would suggest is we have both options in our Arsenal, i can see the value in the variance from game to game. There are games we get bullied in we need a third man in the engine room, it would be a big physically opposing no 8 in the Doucoure mould.

Status
Not open for further replies.